Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · #515 Exposed

Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #515 Exposed

North Georgia is in the midst of another drought. Lake Lanier is almost 8 1/2' below full pool...the sign of the drought is the exposed lake bed for the full perimeter of the lake...this morning there was a sign that rain was on the way...the storm clouds were rolling in, hopefully bringing some much needed rain. Thanks for looking, good luck to everyone this week...this was a tough one to come up with something different.

Aug 19, 2012 at 09:10 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #515 Exposed

Travis Rhoads wrote:
North Georgia is in the midst of another drought. Lake Lanier is almost 8 1/2' below full pool...the sign of the drought is the exposed lake bed for the full perimeter of the lake...this morning there was a sign that rain was on the way...the storm clouds were rolling in, hopefully bringing some much needed rain. Thanks for looking, good luck to everyone this week...this was a tough one to come up with something different.

Good work Travis... I have a brother in Rome, Ga... As bad as the drought is I think you guys are still luckier than West Texas... One of the local lakes is at 2% capacity... You have to walk about a quarter mile from the parking area to water...

Aug 19, 2012 at 09:57 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #515 Exposed

Hi Jim, yes, Texas is in pretty bad shape. Much of the country is in pretty bad shape.

Aug 19, 2012 at 09:59 AM
anselwannab
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #515 Exposed

Nice composition. At first I thought it was a reservoir here in Colorado...

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #515 Exposed

anselwannab wrote:
Nice composition. At first I thought it was a reservoir here in Colorado...

Thanks. I am sure that this is a common scene at many lakes across the country. As low as it is right now, in 2009 the water level hit an all time low, another 6' lower than it is now.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:08 AM
twistedlim
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #515 Exposed

Nice travis as always. You got a way with clouds.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #515 Exposed

twistedlim wrote:
Nice travis as always. You got a way with clouds.

Thanks Rich...clouds in motion have become a new subject, still learning the finer details of photographing them. Its fun to keep learning new things.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM
relms
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #515 Exposed

Travis,

Nice B+W shot. I will see what I can do about sending some rain your way. We have had nothing but rain for two weeks, and getting more today. I hope you soon get some relief from the drought.

Robert

Aug 19, 2012 at 03:57 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #515 Exposed

Thanks for the kind words Robert...and please do, send the rain this way...we need it badly. I spent the last two years trying to get grass to grow...and it is now losing the battle due to the drought...maybe I need to just do rocks like they do in Arizona...wonder what the neighbors would say...

Aug 19, 2012 at 08:24 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.