Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Do 1D IIn & 1DsII out perform 60D or 7D?

EPat
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Do 1D IIn & 1DsII out perform 60D or 7D?

I love my 1dsII ! ! ! ! Granted I can't do the "Spray and Pray" like the guy next to me, but it brings me back to the days of really having to think about what you are shooting. I didn't burn through hundreds of rolls of film back in the day and I guess that habit still sticks today. On occasions I will fill the buffer on the 1ds and it is a pain, but the image quality, not too mention the durability is outstanding!
Although it feels like a minute for the buffer to be cleared, it really is more like 15 seconds or so. If it were a true minute than I would have sold the camera long ago!

Aug 22, 2012 at 02:57 PM
MintMar
• •
p.2 #2 · Do 1D IIn & 1DsII out perform 60D or 7D?

verbiage wrote:
One "feature" of the 1D IIn is that it completely freezes when the buffer fills up. After shooting a 5D II and a (rented) ID IV, I developed sloppy habits of "spraying the action." Where newer cameras simply slow down to 1-2 fps when the buffer is full (shooting raw), the 1D IIn (and presumably other contemporary cameras) need to "sit and write" for about 30 seconds before you can take another shot, and more than a minute (I think) for the buffer to clear completely. I think the 7D also only slows down... while 60D freezes briefly (for a
...Show more

Hi, did you use the SD card? I have 1D2N (latest fw available) and I don't see anything like that... unless I record on SD card. That is so damn slow. But since I shoot CF cards primarily and only use SD as "all CF space gone" backup, I don't see any long freezing. Just use CF, and play the guitar with SD

Aug 22, 2012 at 03:09 PM
Ghost
• • • •
p.2 #3 · Do 1D IIn & 1DsII out perform 60D or 7D?

EPat wrote:
I love my 1dsII ! ! ! ! Granted I can't do the "Spray and Pray" like the guy next to me, but it brings me back to the days of really having to think about what you are shooting. I didn't burn through hundreds of rolls of film back in the day and I guess that habit still sticks today. On occasions I will fill the buffer on the 1ds and it is a pain, but the image quality, not too mention the durability is outstanding!
Although it feels like a minute for the buffer to be cleared, it
...Show more

Many things can happen within 15 seconds.

Aug 22, 2012 at 03:40 PM
Matt Kerby
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · Do 1D IIn & 1DsII out perform 60D or 7D?

Right, that's the one thing I've noticed, is the buffer....But it's better than banding, or poor AF....For me anyways because I hardly ever shoot continuous for more than 6 or 7 shots....

Aug 23, 2012 at 01:07 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password