Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2012 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

form
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

I have just sent my third response to the same client telling them I cannot be their photographer and to look for another....they keep responding as if I never told them that, to the point where I almost wonder if they are just some automated spammer...

Have you ever had persistent clients who you knew were bad news but kept trying to book you? I've never seen this behavior before, and I can't figure the sense of it.

My two guesses are that 1. the person doesn't recognize that their behavior pattern of focusing on the flaws (e.g. cosmetic issues) will lead them to be similarly dissatisfied with photos from a photographer whose photos they already found lots of cosmetic flaws in...

Or..2. Nobody else wants to book them either, so they come back after getting turned down.

I'm guessing the former in this case...

Aug 16, 2012 at 04:48 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

charge more, problem solved

(you are too good of a deal for your own good)

Aug 16, 2012 at 04:57 PM
JohnBrose
• • •
p.1 #3 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

Have you spoken with them or just through emails? I would guess a phone call or meeting would be a good idea.

Aug 16, 2012 at 05:15 PM
vilimo
• • •
p.1 #4 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

SloPhoto wrote:
charge more, problem solved

+1... quadruple your current price and see if they are still interested

Aug 16, 2012 at 05:19 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

You know why they keep coming back? Because you're a steal!!!

I'll say it in plain English - you have good work. Charge more for your services.

Aug 16, 2012 at 05:24 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

Inku Yo wrote:

I'll say it in plain English - you have good work. Charge more for your services.

+1

I visited your site last week & made the same observation. I cannot understand why your prices are so low. 8 hours + edited disk for $1075 / 682 ... That's why they won't leave you alone!

Aug 16, 2012 at 05:39 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

yeah man... how many weddings a year do you do? I would triple your price and maybe you shoot 1/3 the amount = same income?

Aug 16, 2012 at 05:42 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

They found their budget photographer. Sorry, but it's true. Raise your prices. Excel to a new level. I'll say it again... trust me. Apparently, you should be trusting a number of people that you are not.

Aug 16, 2012 at 05:44 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

Either that, of they're from Nigeria.

Aug 16, 2012 at 05:44 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

Why cant you be their photographer? What did you tell them? Are you already booked? Or do you not like the client?

Aug 16, 2012 at 06:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

SGallant
• • •
p.1 #11 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

Inku Yo wrote:

+2

Form you do great work, while you think there are a ton of comparable togs out there in your price range. There just aren't.

Aug 16, 2012 at 06:14 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

paparazzinick wrote:
Why cant you be their photographer? What did you tell them? Are you already booked? Or do you not like the client?

The client has given me multiple concerns, especially being self-conscious, not being really satisfied with how I shoot alone, wanting to bring along her own "free" second shooter who has no experience with weddings, commenting about the cosmetic flaws of faces in my photos, identifying skin pores in another photographer's photos that HAVE NO SKIN PORES IN THEIR PHOTOS (because they do skin smoothing)...etc. I don't like really self-conscious clients, they have been my worst clients (including the only one I ever had who stiffed me for extra editing).

Aug 16, 2012 at 07:31 PM
widjayaman
• • •
p.1 #13 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

Ah, that one. Just tell them you are not available that date, send them some referrals, and wish them the best. I'm curious what did you actually tell them?

Aug 16, 2012 at 07:34 PM
jneilosu
• • •
p.1 #14 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

Give them my website.

Aug 16, 2012 at 07:34 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

I was honest with them.

Aug 16, 2012 at 07:35 PM
widjayaman
• • •
p.1 #16 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

By being 'honest' you mean you told them your concerns above, I assume?

Not to be condescending, but what kind of response did you think you were going to get when you gave them that kind of response? I would think that you would just be inviting trouble, or worse offending the potential clients. While I admire you for being upfront, I think a simple 'I'm no longer available that date, good luck' would be sufficient.

Send them one final email, simply saying that you are not available to shoot their wedding, wish them luck, and ignore future correspondence is my advice.

Aug 16, 2012 at 07:48 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #17 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

I agree. I'm not sure where "honesty" comes into it. You either want to work with them, or you don't. You don't tell them why you don't want to work with them, you just tell them the date is taken, point them to other photographers, wish them all the best. By doing anything else, you've created your own problem.

Aug 16, 2012 at 08:05 PM
gmtucek

p.1 #18 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

Interesting predicament. Good luck!

Aug 16, 2012 at 08:14 PM
gmtucek

p.1 #19 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

Edit to say: I visited your website and I have to say I agree with the above... Charge more!

Aug 16, 2012 at 08:20 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Client refuses to take No for an answer

ricardovaste wrote:
I agree. I'm not sure where "honesty" comes into it. You either want to work with them, or you don't. You don't tell them why you don't want to work with them, you just tell them the date is taken, point them to other photographers, wish them all the best. By doing anything else, you've created your own problem.

You don't know how diplomatic I can be...and I have more trouble lying to a client that I have already spent a considerable amount of time 1. telling that I am available (before the alerts), and 2. communicating back & forth...

Aug 16, 2012 at 08:29 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password