Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · AdWords Express by Google

ghdarnell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · AdWords Express by Google

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth it? I tried searching around about it but never really understood.

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · AdWords Express by Google

It costs. I would throw about $100 a month at it and set my rate to like $1.70 per click. Couldn't afford it and there were no real benefits so I changed my rate to like $.20 per click. Every so often I get a hit.

Of course my website isn't designed or at all intended to attract wedding business so you may have better luck. But it just helps your chances of someone seeing your website. The higher you set your rate per click, the more often google will show your ad increasing the likelihood of generating traffic.

You have to be real clever with the words you choose as well. Entering "Wedding Photographer" won't do you much good, but a phrase like "Milky Way County Wedding Photography" or "Gothic Style Weddings" will increase your chances of being seen if someone searches for something like that. You have to really think of things you want to associate yourself with so that when people search, your name comes up. Like you're really into Jesus so if one of your adwords/phrases is "religious marriage ceremony" then it's likely google will place your ad on the sidebar of their search and if they see "faith based wedding photography" well that may be relevant to them and they'd click' and that click will cost you whatever your rate is.

Google has a great write up on the whole thing. And they even offer a spreadsheet to let you know which of your keywords are generating the most placement of your ad and the most clicks.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM
RSpears

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · AdWords Express by Google

I tried it for 3 months and it seemed like a waste of money.

Aug 15, 2012 at 02:10 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password