Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Any differences between Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VRI and VRII?

trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Any differences between Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VRI and VRII?

^ MANY thanks, Ray...I actually work at being more of an asset than an ass around here.
There ARE times, however...that I'm less successful than others.

Aug 15, 2012 at 09:50 AM
glacierpete
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Any differences between Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VRI and VRII?

trenchmonkey
very nice images. Love the one with the flying birds. It's good to hear from somebody who actually used both lenses extensively.

Aug 18, 2012 at 02:07 AM
MRM4
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Any differences between Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VRI and VRII?

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I believe I will go with the VRI simply because of the money. I'm already in the hole as it is buying and selling different lenses in addition to buying the camera. My only other option is sell the D700 and get a D7000 and a 28-70 f/2.8 lens to which I come out ahead.

Aug 20, 2012 at 02:00 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Any differences between Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VRI and VRII?

I just got the VR2 yesterday after purchasing from B/S/T here at FM. If you'll recall from earlier in this thread I wasn't totally satisfied with the vibration reduction of the VR1 for my purposes. Holy moley the VR2 is AMAZING in this regard. The VR is crazy good. I'm not one who particularly prides himself on being a rock-steady human tripod so I'm pretty impressed that I can do handheld shots at 1/10 of a second shutter speed racked out to 200mm and end up a with totally sharp picture even at 100% crop! Also, the AF, sharpness and contrast are all amazing (I think contrast is better than VR1).

A little anecdote on the AF - earlier today I was using the lens to shoot some stuff on stage at our academic convocation. A friend's daughter was in the back row behind cheerleaders and drill team girls who were doing routines so I was getting fleeting glimpses of her through their moving arms, legs and bodies. All the movement between us would cause the camera to lose focus as it tried to refocus on the various people and parts but every single time her face would come back into view I had no trouble reacquiring focus instantly and nailing the shots. That was cool.

If you shoot mostly motion stuff the VR thing is irrelevant of course but I'm really tickled with everything about this lens and my initial reaction is that I'm glad I upgraded!

brad

Aug 21, 2012 at 04:47 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.