Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d?

AmbientMike
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d?

I gotta say even though I love my tokina ff is better for landscapes.

Aug 02, 2012 at 12:04 PM
bcguy
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d?

Buying a 5D instead of investing in an expensive wide angle lens is the route I took. I am happy with my decision. The 5D is a great camera!

Aug 02, 2012 at 12:33 PM
rtread
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d?

I have a 7d and just got a 5dc. I haven't had much of a chance to play with it yet.. there is a BIG differance in how the images look in the LCD. I can't wait to learn more about the 5dc. I think you should go for it

rania

Aug 02, 2012 at 07:55 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d?

AmbientMike wrote:
believe 5d will have higher iq and better 1600

True and true.

Aug 03, 2012 at 12:54 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d?

melcat wrote:
There was a running change to the 5D to improve the LCD.

I have half a dozen different DSLRs and I never noticed any problem with the 5Dc's LCD.

Aug 03, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Trevor Sowers
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d?

One more thing to consider is that with a 5D you have access to wide angle primes! That is where the 1.6 cams fall really short! I use a 17-40 and a 28 1.8 on my 5D MKII as they compliment one another very well as they have different strengths.

Just something for you to consider.

Aug 03, 2012 at 01:28 AM
thelebaron

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d?

Yes it is the f2.8(regarding the 17-35), I did always kind of picture myself moving up but in like the distant future, until I realized that the lens is the same as the body so it might be sooner rather than later. Lots of really good viewpoints, I have to say the only thing I don't do a lot of, is portraits although thats something to try to work on.
boingyman - you made a good point about the equipment puzzle, Ive only really felt limited by focal length, (besides shooting under really low light where only top of the line equipment would really help), other than probably needing a good tripod everything else works just fine for me.
I guess Ill keep thinking, as theres no rush for this. thanks guys

Aug 03, 2012 at 02:12 AM
Wobble
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d?

I have a 7D and the 17-40 which translates to roughly 27.2-64 on a 1.6 crop. I wanted wider to shoot home interiors. I could have gotten the 10-22 (16-35.2 on my 7D) but I understand that the EFS lens will not work on FF.

I went with the 5D Classic and now get a true 17mm with a backup body to boot. It was also nice to be able to let the kid use one of the bodies to take a photography class in college over the summer.

Aug 03, 2012 at 08:23 AM
GC5
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d?

The other thing to consider is that the 5d does not have liveview, which I find quite useful for landscape applications, especially when shooting in poor light.

Aug 03, 2012 at 09:35 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d?

If you could swing a 5D 2 I'd say that's the route to take, since you eventually want to go FF. I went from a Rebel XTi (not in the same league as your 7D) to a 5D 2 and the difference is remarkable.

The 5Dc has some problems (dust, etc.) that were addressed in the 5D 2. That, along with more features (LiveView), makes it a more compelling choice.

If you want to go FF some time in the future, buying a crop body WA seems like a dead end.

Aug 03, 2012 at 09:47 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.