New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2012 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Mescalamba
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 5D Mk3s for sale

And theres quite a bit of D800 aswell. Ppl buy, try and sometimes they dont think its "good enough". Knew guy that bought always new camera, sold it within months.. some ppl just have a lot of money and nothing much to do with them (I call that lack of imagination.. but to each its own).

Jul 30, 2012 at 08:50 AM
Dennis M 1064
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Monito wrote:
Some handsaws cost more than some power saws. There are some things that only a fool would use a power saw for.

With the advent of scroll saws, table saws, circular saws, sabre saws, dovetail jigs and routers, and even plasma cutters, there is very little one would need a handsaw for. With the exception of a few hobbiests, or retireees, and maybe the amish, a carpenter that is trying to make a living, will typically do the major portion of cutting, with a power tool. Fine furniture makers will typically do the same. One might reach for the coping saw or back saw for a few delicate items. As a timberframer, the sixteen inch, ten inch and eight inch circular saws could not cut close enough to perfection, anymore than a handsaw could have. That is why all saw cuts on the "show side" are rough cut. The finish cut comes from the mallet and framers chisel. Much more accurate than a saw. . . hand or power. Right tool for the job.

As industry competition increases, and high quality is demanded along with high production, one must upgrade upon occasion, to keep from going the way of the T-Rex.

As far as hand saw prices go, regardless of how expensive they are, in the hands of a fool, they are worthless.

Jul 30, 2012 at 09:15 AM
Chriswong1973

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 5D Mk3s for sale

I don't know, seems like alot of people here assume that people who sell their cameras shortly after buying them are people with "alot of money and nothing much to do with them", or people who think spending alot of money on the latest and greatest will somehow magically make them a better photographer. I think that's a bit unfair.

I bought the 5DIII in March. I've taken it on three trips, have gotten some wonderful images that will provide great memories. Now I have a 1DX. If I choose to sell the 5D for say, $3200, I'd say that was $300 well spent for four months usage of the 5D...

-c

Jul 30, 2012 at 09:17 AM
carlsbadbum
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 5D Mk3s for sale

I sold my 1DsII recently so I can get the 5D3, since I'm in no hurry I'll just check b&s and cl for a good deal. If I don't get one by Black Friday I'll just get a new one.

Jul 30, 2012 at 09:35 AM
halie
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 5D Mk3s for sale

I have a circular saw in my basement that I still haven't attached the blade to after a year. I have an electric chainsaw that I only used once. I like my mitre saw. I have a cheap hand saw I used once, and a good gas powered chainsaw, but no 5D Mk3 or 1Dx.

Jul 30, 2012 at 02:57 PM
zquaratella
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 5D Mk3s for sale

I came here thinking they'd already released the 5D mk3s...

Jul 30, 2012 at 03:03 PM
StarNut
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Jay Adeff wrote:
I'm a working photographer but I still make do with a 5D and 1DMkII. The money I make goes to pay bills, not buy new toys that won't really make me a more talented photograper.

I don't know whether you know it or not, but this statement is either remarkably supercilious or aggressively ignorant. If you could afford a 5D3, without giving up something else important to you (whether that's saving for retirement, paying your bills, or whatever), you would be silly not to buy a much better tool for your trade.

Likewise for hobbyists. I don't pretend that a better camera makes me a better photographer. But I certainly know that a better tool will be a more useful one with which to pursue my hobby. To assert otherwise is just stupid.

Jul 30, 2012 at 04:41 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Overall the 5D3 is the most complete and most competent DSLR Canon has produced to date bar none when you factor in design, image quality, af performance, build quality / feel, features and price. Its a keeper.

Jul 30, 2012 at 04:58 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · 5D Mk3s for sale

lot of people may have bought multiple copies using the canon double rebates, keep the lenses, sell the bodies and make money

Jul 30, 2012 at 05:35 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · 5D Mk3s for sale

jerrykur wrote:
A lot of people have the money to buy whatever they want. They can try and then decide it is not what they want. Therefore there are a numbers of 5DMK3 and D800 and D800Es for sale.

I met a guy at Lake Louise last month with a D800E - which I hard are very diffcult to get. He had a standard kit lens on the body and asked me to take a picture of him. He was shooting in program mode and the lake was blown out, so i recommended he expose for the lake and use fill flash. Would you believe the guy didn't know how to shoot in Manual exposure

Jul 30, 2012 at 08:00 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Sunny Sra wrote:
lot of people may have bought multiple copies using the canon double rebates, keep the lenses, sell the bodies and make money

I get that for the 5D3. I also get the people selling the 1DX for greater then retail. What i don't get is those that are selling the 1DX or the D800/D800E or asking for trades for the D4/1DX for the other system. Why buy the body if you are going to switch systems

Jul 30, 2012 at 08:02 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · 5D Mk3s for sale

khurram1 wrote:
I met a guy at Lake Louise last month with a D800E - which I hard are very diffcult to get. He had a standard kit lens on the body and asked me to take a picture of him. He was shooting in program mode and the lake was blown out, so i recommended he expose for the lake and use fill flash. Would you believe the guy didn't know how to shoot in Manual exposure

Just like an expensive sports car, musical instrument, hot woman, etc., all it takes is money to buy a fancy-arse camera. No knowledge or skill level test required to purchase and use...

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · 5D Mk3s for sale

khurram1 wrote:
Would you believe the guy didn't know how to shoot in Manual exposure

Would you believe that 90% of seemingly experienced photographers I meet on my photo outings use Av or even TV mode only ? I think many of them really do not understand the way manual exposure works. But they all shoot RAW, or at least that's what they say.

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Ralph Thompson
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · 5D Mk3s for sale

IMO, far too many shoot in Raw with the mind set, "I'll fix it in post". Nothing against shooting in Raw but not with the intent that you can cut corners in the camera because you have a Raw file...

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:49 PM
alfarmer
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · 5D Mk3s for sale

>> Would you believe the guy didn't know how to shoot in Manual exposure
Is it possible he just got the camera?

I could pick up most any new Canon body and figure it out, but would probably be lost for a while switching to Nikon or Min-er-Sony.

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:28 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Ralph Thompson wrote:
IMO, far too many shoot in Raw with the mind set, "I'll fix it in post". Nothing against shooting in Raw but not with the intent that you can cut corners in the camera because you have a Raw file...

I understand what you mean but there is of course another level of raw shooters who shoot raw in a manner specifically to optimize their ability to manipulate the image in post, such as ETTR. When I'm out shooting a landscape and a friend asks to see a photo on the LCD I can sense their mortification when I show them a completely washed-out overexposed mess of an image.

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM
jamato8
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · 5D Mk3s for sale

PetKal wrote:
Would you believe that 90% of seemingly experienced photographers I meet on my photo outings use Av or even TV mode only ? I think many of them really do not understand the way manual exposure works. But they all shoot RAW, or at least that's what they say.

It is strange. I use TV most all the time but know why I am using it. I use manual when needed, and know why I am using it but then I started off with a Leica IIIC and used to shoot large format and enjoyed my Graflex XL in its day. Never thought of shooting a wedding with anything but MF, that was unheard of!

Jul 31, 2012 at 01:28 AM
Dennis M 1064
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · 5D Mk3s for sale

Gochugogi wrote:
Just like an expensive sports car, musical instrument, hot woman, etc., all it takes is money to buy a fancy-arse camera. No knowledge or skill level test required to purchase and use...

From experience, it didn't necessarily take a lot of money to get the 'hot woman'. Cost a fortune to get rid of her though, let me tell ya'! Won't be doing that again!

I have noticed more and more cars going down the road with an advertisement on them, "So and So photography (207) 555-1212". I see them at local horse and dog events, selling their services. EOS Rebel, full automatic setting, and they are a professional photographer with out an ounce of training and very little knowledge. Of course, they aren't shooting for "DressageToday" or "Dog Fancy" magazines, but none the less, they are charging people for snapshots.

The digital age has opened a lot of doors. Maybe some should not have been opened, but there they are. I'm sure Annie Liebovitz could be insiring with a Rebel and a decent lens. Great equipment is only part of the package. Knowledge and imagination are imortant as well. Fully automated cameras will never teach you about anything, except mediocrity.

Jul 31, 2012 at 07:34 AM
Dennis M 1064
• •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · 5D Mk3s for sale

I'm with Jamato,
Shutter preferred, Aperature preferred modes are tools. You should know when to use them and why you are using them. Time and light. They are the foundation of photography. My sister is a Rebel user. Loves it. She has no desire to learn how to get the 'effects' that pros get. I.e., shallow DOF or panning for a blurred background, etc.

The old "rules of thumb":

f22 Bright Sun with hard shadows on sand or snow.
f16 Bright Sun, hard shadows
f11 overcast
f/8-f11 forest fires, big building fires
f2 subject lit by candle light

on and on. . .

If you mention these things, their eyes glaze over. It is too bad. A lot of these people have a strong interest in photography, but don't even realize what it is. "Reciprocity Failure", there is a term that is about to start collecting dust!

Money can buy gear. It won't buy knowledge.

Jul 31, 2012 at 07:51 AM
DmitriM
• • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · 5D Mk3s for sale

I've been watching this trend for many many years.

What really happens is that people get these cameras (eg.5DIII, 1Dx) because of all the hype,because they want something new and cool and because they REALLY think it's going to make them better photographers. Often purchases are made even though they can't afford it.
However, after playing with those cameras for a few weeks they realize that their dog,cat and baby images are 100% if when they were shooting with their cheaper cameras.
When they realize that and their empty bank account, they put the cameras for sale and get something cheaper,like their old camera.

I know a guy who works at a photo store and says a lot of people who buy 1D series bodies don't know how to use them,nor they are shooting professionally.

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:00 PM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.