Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List
  

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
  

Archive 2012 · Who provides flash drives........
  
 
marti.g3
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Who provides flash drives........


For your wedding files to your clients. What are the pros and cons ?
What is your delivery method ? Attractive custom box ?



Jul 29, 2012 at 03:44 PM
Steve Tinetti
Offline
• • • •
Moderator
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Who provides flash drives........


There are many companies offering these. I use the 8GB with my logo etched on one side and the B&G/wedding date on the other. Although more money than DVD, they're cheap and people seem to like them as a reusable memento from their wedding.


Jul 29, 2012 at 04:36 PM
TomHarmon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Who provides flash drives........


I get the same ones as Steve from Pexagon. Eternal Photo drive or something. Turnover time has been sloooooow and they sold out at one point, but it's a great presentation.


Jul 29, 2012 at 05:29 PM
marti.g3
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Who provides flash drives........


With the flash drives, are there less compatibility issues ? Do you the flash drives instead of discs ? I find that even with my own equipment, a flash drive always opens up. But sometimes with discs. they fail to open or are slower to view. A flash drive is much quicker. Does that have any bearing on your reason for using them ?

I'm looking at it as a way to make it easier for my clients to view their images instead of inserting the disc, waiting for it to open, speed depending on their PC.



Jul 29, 2012 at 05:45 PM
swoop
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Who provides flash drives........


USB drives are a lot easier and should work out better in the long run now that optical media is being phased out.


Jul 29, 2012 at 06:38 PM
marti.g3
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Who provides flash drives........


swoop wrote:
USB drives are a lot easier and should work out better in the long run now that optical media is being phased out.


How do you deliver your flash drives to your clients ? Custom box, in a bag, ?



Jul 29, 2012 at 08:19 PM
S-Man23
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Who provides flash drives........


Steve Tinetti wrote:
There are many companies offering these. I use the 8GB with my logo etched on one side and the B&G/wedding date on the other. Although more money than DVD, they're cheap and people seem to like them as a reusable memento from their wedding.


Steve, does this mean you place an order for each couple?
Most companies offer branded drives in bulk, but you can't customize them for each couple. I'm interested in your method.



Jul 29, 2012 at 08:54 PM
ckhagen
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Who provides flash drives........


I'm ordering the wafer cards from flash bay and it will have their print release on the wafer card itself. Not sure how I'll package yet, probably a little envelope or something.


Jul 29, 2012 at 09:31 PM
Scott Mosher
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Who provides flash drives........


I order custom flash drives from pexagon tech. I use the wood drives and put my logo on one side and the couples names/date on the other. For presentation I order the bamboo box for them. They look pretty sexy and so far I've had zero complains. When I started making the switch from DVDs Igave a few clients the choice and they all picked the USB drive.


Jul 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Graceology
Offline
• •
Account locked
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Who provides flash drives........


We get ours from Adam Tan at FlashBay.com - They provide extremely fast turnaround and perfect products every time. I have actually booked weddings because of these drives. It was the one little thing that put us over the edge of a competitor when they were deciding between the two of us. I order the 4gb and the 8gb drives with a minimum order of 25 each. The final price is a touch over $9 a piece. The link below shows our first ones, I have since changed to the plastic ones instead of the aluminum ones.

http://graceology.com/sessions/how-does-graceology-deliver-your-photos-to-you-our-new-custom-solution/



Jul 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



marti.g3
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Who provides flash drives........


Scott Mosher wrote:
I order custom flash drives from pexagon tech. I use the wood drives and put my logo on one side and the couples names/date on the other. For presentation I order the bamboo box for them. They look pretty sexy and so far I've had zero complains. When I started making the switch from DVDs Igave a few clients the choice and they all picked the USB drive.


Those sounds nice. The extra cost, in my opinion are well worth it.



Jul 30, 2012 at 02:04 AM
ckhagen
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Who provides flash drives........


Graceology wrote:
We get ours from Adam Tan at FlashBay.com - They provide extremely fast turnaround and perfect products every time. I have actually booked weddings because of these drives. It was the one little thing that put us over the edge of a competitor when they were deciding between the two of us. I order the 4gb and the 8gb drives with a minimum order of 25 each. The final price is a touch over $9 a piece. The link below shows our first ones, I have since changed to the plastic ones instead of the aluminum ones.

http://graceology.com/sessions/how-does-graceology-deliver-your-photos-to-you-our-new-custom-solution/


Those are the brushed aluminum version of what I'm getting. Mine are the plastic ones that are printed on both sides... so basically like a thick plastic business card, logo on one side, print release on the other. I plan on doing the same thing... getting 4GB and 8GB. I may get 2GB and 8GB though... portrait session and wedding.



Jul 30, 2012 at 02:46 AM
LivLif
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Who provides flash drives........


ckhagen wrote:
Those are the brushed aluminum version of what I'm getting. Mine are the plastic ones that are printed on both sides... so basically like a thick plastic business card, logo on one side, print release on the other. I plan on doing the same thing... getting 4GB and 8GB. I may get 2GB and 8GB though... portrait session and wedding.


Those look awesome Candice! Can't wait to see yours.



Jul 30, 2012 at 02:49 AM
LivLif
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Who provides flash drives........


Here are the ones I'm using.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3YIy9m5XQzQ/T3zCzscBMiI/AAAAAAAAAdk/hsHu4G82h70/s1600/JP_002.jpg



Jul 30, 2012 at 02:51 AM
jojosung
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Who provides flash drives........


just a another thing to think about..
all the new computer and laptop in my office do not come with any DVD or BluRay Drive at all..
with a lot of people pursuing the ultra slim book, they do give up on the DVD drive also..

Hence Flash Drive would be the best option..



Jul 30, 2012 at 02:56 AM
Steve Tinetti
Offline
• • • •
Moderator
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Who provides flash drives........


I order them individually for each couple. I wait for the email alerts on specials they run from time to time.


Jul 31, 2012 at 03:54 AM
Tony Hoffer
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Who provides flash drives........


LivLif wrote:
Here are the ones I'm using.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3YIy9m5XQzQ/T3zCzscBMiI/AAAAAAAAAdk/hsHu4G82h70/s1600/JP_002.jpg


Willing to share your vendor info?



Jul 31, 2012 at 04:15 AM
TomHarmon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Who provides flash drives........


Tony Hoffer wrote:
Willing to share your vendor info?


Those are the same ones I get from Pexagon tech. Its the Eternal Photo System. Comes in 8gb or 16gb and you just upload your logo and they carve it into the box and one side of the USB. The other side of the USB can have the couples name and date of wedding (or whatever you want it to say).
http://www.pexagontech.com/Eternal-Photo-Flash-Drives/View-all-products.html



Jul 31, 2012 at 01:09 PM
joosay
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Who provides flash drives........


Thanks Tom...darn, I don't have a Mac


Jul 31, 2012 at 01:46 PM
TomHarmon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Who provides flash drives........


joosay wrote:
Thanks Tom...darn, I don't have a Mac


You could get some custom USBs and packaging and just get some write protection software for the PC...



Jul 31, 2012 at 02:10 PM
1
       2       3       end




FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password