New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · 1Dx doesn't like eye-fi

NickD

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 1Dx doesn't like eye-fi

Will Patterson wrote:
I love my EyeFi cards. They work amazingly well in my 1D Mark III and 1DsII with transferring photos immediately to my iPhone in my pocket. What a great system. So when the WFT-E6 can do that instead of ONLY working with Canon's WFT program, let me know.

Hi Will, there is an app called Shutter Snitch which runs on the iphone and iPad and works amazingly well. the WFT-E6 can communicate directly with your idevice whether its in your pocket or back pack. I am playing around with this app now and it looks like a great solution.

Cheers

Jul 31, 2012 at 02:46 AM
miccullen
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 1Dx doesn't like eye-fi

gpchase wrote:
Take note I'm not slamming the 1Dx for not supporting it

Then why frame the subject line as if you are? "Eye-Fi struggles in 1D-X" or similar would be far more accurate, it seems.

Aug 01, 2012 at 12:37 AM
gpchase
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 1Dx doesn't like eye-fi

Okay sure..

Aug 01, 2012 at 12:42 AM
coranda
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 1Dx doesn't like eye-fi

omarlyn wrote:
A little OT but I'm curious about that...do they have self powered/rechargable download devices that can be used in the field (with both SD & CF interface)?

Omar

I've been using a HyperDrive. It's a lot cheaper than the Canon/Epson devices and it also connects to an iPad.

https://www.hypershop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IPHD-000

But, I'm not sure if they still available.

Aug 01, 2012 at 01:00 AM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 1Dx doesn't like eye-fi

NickD wrote:
Hi Will, there is an app called Shutter Snitch which runs on the iphone and iPad and works amazingly well. the WFT-E6 can communicate directly with your idevice whether its in your pocket or back pack. I am playing around with this app now and it looks like a great solution.

Cheers

Interesting. Does it send all the photos you are taking to the ipad/iphone? Because that would be a deal breaker for me.

Aug 01, 2012 at 09:35 AM
NickD

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 1Dx doesn't like eye-fi

Will Patterson wrote:
Interesting. Does it send all the photos you are taking to the ipad/iphone? Because that would be a deal breaker for me.

The sending of images is controlled by the communication settings on the camera, it can be all, or selected by using the set button, that is standard ware on the camera settings. Snitch can accept either jpg or raw or both, what ever the camera sends it.

Aug 01, 2012 at 03:34 PM
NygaardDK

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 1Dx doesn't like eye-fi

Sorry to revive an old thread - but those of you who use Eye-fi in a 1d/1ds series body, how long range do you get from your card to your Ipad/iphone?

I find it hard to transfer files if the devices are any further than 4 feet apart.

Nov 28, 2012 at 03:19 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.