Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · 5D3 for the Dutch: 2999 at KameraExpress, 9-11 Saturday.

Daan B
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 5D3 for the Dutch: 2999 at KameraExpress, 9-11 Saturday.

Prices seem to go down again: 2887,00 euro as we speak (through trusted reseller). I am on the fence to pick up one right now or just wait 2-3 more weeks.

Nov 24, 2012 at 03:42 PM
eosfun
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 5D3 for the Dutch: 2999 at KameraExpress, 9-11 Saturday.

I had the impression that Ralph with alias Rabbitmountain was a representative of Konijnenberg themselves

Anyway this 5D mk III price makes the camera more EOSfun. We seem to be past the early adopter stage where pricing was too high to the taste of most 5D mk III wannahaves. It's now becoming more affordable. This new price roaming phenomenon right after introduction of a new model has become a common strategy for many camera manufacturers, not the least Canon. The lower price has a lot to do with the coming 6D. That 6D's price setting will also stop the process of lowering the price of the 5D mk III for a while. So I am not surprised at all this fluctation up and down for the moment. It's for a part inventory cleaning. The 5D mk III has become in the hands of grey market dealers while Canon officially maintains their retail street pricing for committed dealer at a level that is above what we see now. I know that some of these Dutch stores being mentioned play with their pricing to put stress on Canon's official marketing strategy. A few of the dealers here in the Netherlands are not really happy with the fact that so many grey traders are able to sell their mk III's at a more agressive pricing, while they as long term Canon vendors are obliged to ask higher prices within the framework of trading agreements between them and Canon.

Nov 24, 2012 at 04:53 PM
Gust
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 5D3 for the Dutch: 2999 at KameraExpress, 9-11 Saturday.

5DIII seems to fall in a high speed, crisis ?? I don't know.
I think that body was much to expensive when it hit the market.

nothing happens with the 1DX and the long lenses, aren't they infected by the crisis??
Also the new 24-70 is far to expensive.

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 5D3 for the Dutch: 2999 at KameraExpress, 9-11 Saturday.

Daan B wrote:
Prices will drop again. Just wait and see. I still suspect that prices decrease further after the summer.

Yes. This time Nikon was first in realizing that the economy went down. D800 is already available at 2.300 at AMAZON what is 20% cheaper than ten month ago, when sales started. And I am pretty sure this has not much to do with any AF issue. It is just that there is no cause why a FF body should be twice or three times as expensive than a cropped one - once the sensor is in production in bigger numbers.

Canon will follow soon, imo.

Ralph

Nov 25, 2012 at 01:10 PM
Hask2

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 5D3 for the Dutch: 2999 at KameraExpress, 9-11 Saturday.

I think the cheapest will be when Mediamarkt will do one of their actions again, where you don't pay any tax.

There was an action at January and september 2012, perhaps they'll do it again in 2013. A random January 2012 thread regarding this here, http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1487197/0

There was an action last September, I was on the fence to maybe buy one as well, because it would be about 2600 euro.
I instead opted to buy a second-hand 24-70 L instead, though.

'Cause, you see, I'm a poor guy

Nov 25, 2012 at 04:05 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 5D3 for the Dutch: 2999 at KameraExpress, 9-11 Saturday.

Yes, I see.
Here in germany they (mediamarkt) to actions like "buy three (same item), pay two!"
I am not sure if the action counts for all stuff though ...
But if, what should I do with 3 D6s? I only need two ...

Nov 25, 2012 at 04:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

shroud72

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 5D3 for the Dutch: 2999 at KameraExpress, 9-11 Saturday.

Here in Spain Mediamarkt has their tax free sale after the two mandatory sales (rebajas) that occur in the winter and summer.
The next tax free sale should be sometime early February 2013 however I noticed that not all MediaMarkt stores are the same, prices do vary between stores and some stores will be out of stock during the tax free sale times.

Nov 25, 2012 at 06:08 PM
Hask2

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · 5D3 for the Dutch: 2999 at KameraExpress, 9-11 Saturday.

Oh yes, the prices do vary a lot, and here in the Netherlands, they tend to rack up the price in-store just before such "action' (and then deny anything like that happened...).

Sinds a while, though, they've also got a website, where they honour such actions as well, and prices on the webshop are a lot more competitive - here in the Netherlands at least.

Also, I'd recommend any dutchies here to look at the Tweakers Pricewatch, which is something I regularly check: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/305483/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-zwart.html

2855 lowest price at the time of writing for the Mark III.

Nov 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Geert Koning
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · 5D3 for the Dutch: 2999 at KameraExpress, 9-11 Saturday.

2839,- at cameranu.nl, really tempting now to replace my 7 year old 5D with the 5DIII.

Nov 27, 2012 at 01:56 PM
Daan B
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · 5D3 for the Dutch: 2999 at KameraExpress, 9-11 Saturday.

Yes I saw it too @ 2839 euros. The price is heading into the right direction again. I predict it will be at 2700,00 before christmas

Nov 27, 2012 at 06:15 PM
Hask2

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · 5D3 for the Dutch: 2999 at KameraExpress, 9-11 Saturday.

Would be nice!

And, I know it's been said before, but it's still disappointing to see how much dearer the 5D3 is compared to the Nikon D800. It does somehow feel like Canon is taking the piss...

Currency issues with the Yen would be the same for Nikon as well, so it can't be just that.

(basically I just want a 5D3 for 200 euro, and I want it yesterday!)

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:23 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password