Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Question about deliverable date for licensed photo

metagraphica
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Question about deliverable date for licensed photo

I have recently negotiated a verbal agreement with an advertising agency to sell license rights for a single photo to be used in a nation wide point-of-sale advertisement for a non-exclusive, 2 month period. I am currently drawing up a License Agreement/Invoice to send to them. As this is my first time selling licensing rights I have a question about when to send them the full resolution file:

Which line would you put in your license agreement?

A: Delivery Date: Photographer agrees to deliver the Work within xx days after receipt of payment.

or

B: Delivery Date: Photographer agrees to deliver the Work within xx days after receipt of signed license agreement

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jul 26, 2012 at 08:36 PM
colinm
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Question about deliverable date for licensed photo

C: Delivery Date: Photographer agrees to deliver the Work within xx days of receipt of payment and signed license agreement.

Jul 26, 2012 at 08:59 PM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Question about deliverable date for licensed photo

Not having done anything like this, but....

I would think they would have a "standard" agreement which should cover that. What your choices are would be bargaining points where you (hopefully) can make the agreement more to your benefit. Cash in hand would be king.

For them, delivery might mean that you have the right to invoice them with 30 or 45 day terms....

Jul 26, 2012 at 09:00 PM
Micky Bill
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Question about deliverable date for licensed photo

Most agencies will issue a purchase order instead of payment up front. Unless it is for a minimal amount of $$$
In the PO there should be a beginning date and ending date for the usage of the image.
Be sure to check with them when the usage expires to see if they need to extend usage, although if it's a seasonal thing there isn't much use in running Christmas ads in january

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password