New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · ACR or Canon software for 5d3

thedutt
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · ACR or Canon software for 5d3

used to use dpp over ACR. DPP processing always produced slightly more pleasing results to my eye, but LRs useability has now converted me.

Jul 30, 2012 at 08:55 PM
goosemang
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · ACR or Canon software for 5d3

I use LR and only touch DPP when I have an image I want to use but for some reason it's in tough shape and I want to salvage it. the lens optimizer is helpful at times, and sometimes noise performance is.... different. possibly better but definitely not worth using regularly.

Jul 30, 2012 at 09:25 PM
R. Eisenberg
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · ACR or Canon software for 5d3

Pixel Perfect wrote:
I find Capture is very and overall close to LR. LR is probably better for noise, C1 for detail. I much prefer LR's highlight and clarity, they've worked wonders with LR4. If C1 v7 can improve in a few key areas it'll be very nice.

DPP is a suckyworthy thing to use, but it can get good results. But I find it's not consistently better than LR. Sometimes it is sometimes it's not and it takes me 5x as long to work a RAW image. The new DLO module is good but needs a lot of grunt.

Basically I
...Show more

+1

Hello Dave,
Until Lightroom 4 and PSCS6 ACR, I primarily used Capture One Pro (since V1 on the mac). I still use the latter for initial selection and focus checking. But I now find the the present version of ACR and Lightroom offer processing functionalities that are superior to CO Pro in its current iteration. The fact that it is possible to open up an ACR conversion as a smart object in PS, allowing one to return to ACR to tweak conversion parameters is for me a decisive argument in favor of the latter. I rarely if ever use DPP due to workflow considerations, but will try it when hard pressed by doubts in regard to a particular file.

Jul 31, 2012 at 06:12 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.