Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2012 · Any Nikon to Canon converts over here?

LivLif
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Any Nikon to Canon converts over here?

PhilDrinkwater wrote:
I keep forgetting about that... it's a really really good tool and I would miss it too, especially when I see my Nikon friends going through photos.

Yeah. The directional pad sucks when going through photos. You can however set the comman dial to scroll through photos. Better but not the same.

Aug 02, 2012 at 01:41 AM
aceg2011

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Any Nikon to Canon converts over here?

I have done it and regretted it. I was a long time Canon EOS film shooter. Finally I took the plunge and saved enough scratch to get a digital SLR. I bought a Canon 10D figuring I could use all my lenses from my film cameras on it.

The 10D was built like a tank but after a few years of dragging it around I was tired of the weight and bought a Canon G9. Not as fast as an SLR but the image quality was ok for a tiny sensor. Than one day the lens jammed open. That was the end of that. Back to using the 10d.

4/3 showed up and I thought - smaller body, decent image quality. So I sold my 10D and all its lenses, mistake #1. I bought a Panasonic GF1, mistake #2..

Had it less than a year and the camera drove me insane. It had no viewfinder and was impossible to see in bright sunlight. The EVF was ok but was no SLR. All adjustments were on a screen that you could not see outside. Less than a year in, I sold it ALL on Ebay.

Bought a new Canon Rebel T2I last year with a 15-85mm USM IS non-kit lens. The lens image quality is excellent. Since than I have gotten a 100mm macro as well as the DO zoom lens.

Way to much aggravation and grief. Sticking with Canon to the end.

Aug 02, 2012 at 03:28 PM
ISO1600
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Any Nikon to Canon converts over here?

Shot Canon from '98 to '08.
D700 brought me to Nikon.
Wound up with a D7000 kit.
Sold that to buy 5DII from a buddy.

For the money, I don't think there is a better FF DSLR w/ good video capabilities than the 5DII. When the 5DII came out, it was more $$ than D700, and build/AF mattered more to me at the time. Now i'm more into video, and can afford a used 5DII.

Aug 03, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.