Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6       end

Archive 2012 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

sn0man123

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

Urgent if someone already knows the answer or can test:

Does the new F-1 mounting plate cover the battery compartment in any way for smaller cameras like the T2i/T3i/T4i?

Sep 05, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Volks1470
• •
p.5 #2 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

sn0man123 wrote:
Urgent if someone already knows the answer or can test:

Does the new F-1 mounting plate cover the battery compartment in any way for smaller cameras like the T2i/T3i/T4i?

an interesting question since they only advertise it mounted to a battery grip.

though based off this picture it looks like it's mounted so far off to the right that it wouldn't interfere. Just a guess...

?777

Sep 05, 2012 at 12:53 PM
DelCan

p.5 #3 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

I got mine in the mail today. It's very comfortable and appears to be rock solid. It does not even come close to blocking the battery door on my 5DMII. Please forgive my cell phone pic...

Sep 06, 2012 at 10:36 PM
sn0man123

p.5 #4 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

Thanks for the response Del. The setup on the Rebel line is a bit different though:

Just from a quick measure, it looks to be about 25mm from the very middle of the tripod hole to the edge of the battery door.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but I did try to contact Carry Speed to ask about my question. It's been 2 days without a response - which doesn't sit well with me.

Sep 06, 2012 at 11:15 PM
andyz
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #5 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

I will say the plate is 2 and 15/16th inches lon
g. The screw slot is 1/4 inch wide, beginning at 1 3/4 as measured on the bottom starting from the left where the ball head is. On the picture above, that is from the bottom up. It is 1 3/4 inches wide.

Edited on Sep 07, 2012 at 02:44 AM · View previous versions

Sep 06, 2012 at 11:31 PM
DelCan

p.5 #6 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

Here it is on my wife's T1i.
It fit's fine. If you used a hand strap, that might be a little tight.

Sep 06, 2012 at 11:36 PM
sn0man123

p.5 #7 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

Thanks Andy, and thanks again Del - appreciated.

I also finally heard back from Carry Speed, and Tim said:

Dear Client

As we tested on T2i, and T3i, it works good and the battery door can still be open, thanks.

Regards

Tim

Sep 08, 2012 at 04:04 AM
Volks1470
• •
p.5 #8 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

Just a little tip here.
Not sure if anybody has been using their strap while in the heat but it starts to smell a little funky after a while! Seems to pick up sweat. Good news though. It survived a (front loading) machine wash just fine

I would recommend giving it a wash here and there if it's hot out!

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Fern Trujillo

p.5 #9 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

I had a serious issue with my strap this weekend, while photographing a Football game I usually have the 300 or 400 on a monopod, and a 1DMKIII with Canons 70-200lIS 2.8 on the Carry Speed Strap
A fellow photographer came up behind me while I was on monopod and told me I was about to lose the equipment on my shoulder as the strap was tearing.
I immediately took the Equipment of my shoulder and found the neoprene at the top half has torn at the connection point from the nylon strap.

I contacted Tim @ Carry Speed who is looking to receive the photos and the strap to look at possible redesign.

Please examine strap closely each time you go afield..

Oct 18, 2012 at 01:31 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.5 #10 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

Very interesting, my strap is still as new but something to look at. Was this the new strap (ultra wide neoprene)?

Oct 18, 2012 at 01:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

andyz
• • •
p.5 #11 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

Appreciate the heads up. I haven't noticed anything like that but will be watching.

Oct 18, 2012 at 03:05 AM
andyz
• • •
p.5 #12 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

Fern Trujillo wrote:
I had a serious issue with my strap this weekend, while photographing a Football game I usually have the 300 or 400 on a monopod, and a 1DMKIII with Canons 70-200lIS 2.8 on the Carry Speed Strap
A fellow photographer came up behind me while I was on monopod and told me I was about to lose the equipment on my shoulder as the strap was tearing.
I immediately took the Equipment of my shoulder and found the neoprene at the top half has torn at the connection point from the nylon strap.

I contacted Tim @ Carry Speed
...Show more

Is he replacing your strap?

I know stuff happens. Think Tank makes some solid gear, yes? I bought a new belt system from them. Wore it to 1 game and this was light duty, no laying on the ground, running, etc. just shooting up and down the sidelines at a football game. Next morning I notice the female end of the buckle was broken in 3 places. They mailed me a new buckle immediately. But 3 spots! Seemed odd.

Oct 18, 2012 at 03:39 AM
wayned

p.5 #13 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

I just bought this strap today and am looking forward to working with out this week. First time coming off traditional neck strap. Two things...
1. The original plate doesn't sit flat on my D600 but sits tight when screwed down. Nothing holding it square but the pressure of that screw...We'll see.
2. Could someone post images of what the plastic lock mechanism(opposite side to adjustment pull) is for?

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:13 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.5 #14 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

By original plate, do you mean the CS-MARK 1 or the F-Pro plate?

Feb 10, 2013 at 02:02 PM
wayned

p.5 #15 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

It's the CS-3 plate. The two screw mounts for the ball head sit on the camera body and the back of the plate sits at an angle because of that. I found a solution...I cut in two pieces of self adhesive Velcro strips either side of the mounting bolt. The Velcro is just compact enough to take up the needed height and holds it there with no twist. It's on there for good.

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Volks1470
• •
p.5 #16 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

@wayned: You didn't have enough slack in the mount to avoid mounting it crooked? It's supposed to slide forwards and backwards to prevent that from happening. I've accidently mounted mine funky, but a slight adjustment and it's back to a flush mount again.

I met Tim at CP+ in Tokyo. There's going to be a new mounting plate coming out soon. It's even better than the last design

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:45 PM
wayned

p.5 #17 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

No the D600 is a little deeper across the bottom. The plate won't slide forward enough to drop over the front lip causing the ball mount holes to sit on the camera bottom; which forces the angle. Not too happy about this as I had to resolve with my own fix. A shim. If a replacement is offered I'd take it.

Feb 12, 2013 at 02:22 PM
fgransee
• •
p.5 #18 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

Hi guys ... I recently switched to a carry speed strap (CS-3) and don't use the provided bottom plate. I mounted the ball stud to my RRS flat bracket that runs parallel to the lens. At the bottom of the camera I mount my arca-swiss style spider plate (when needed). That way I can easily mount / unmount the carryspeed, have a comfortable position for my camera when not in use - plus I can click my camera (bottom plate) in the metal spider holster at my belt which has two advantages: a) the camera won't dangle or move around when I bend or turn and b) I can easily adjust the carryspeed to distribute the weight of my camera between hip and shoulder. Perfect setup for me ...

Feb 12, 2013 at 02:40 PM
Volks1470
• •
p.5 #19 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

wayned wrote:
No the D600 is a little deeper across the bottom. The plate won't slide forward enough to drop over the front lip causing the ball mount holes to sit on the camera bottom; which forces the angle. Not too happy about this as I had to resolve with my own fix. A shim. If a replacement is offered I'd take it.

The new mount coming out will address that issue. It doesn't have raised up two mounting point like the C-3. Although I believe the FM-1 might have worked for you, maybe...

Can you post pictures of your problem?

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM
wayned

p.5 #20 · Carry Speed Camera Strap Review/Feedback

Volks1470 wrote:
The new mount coming out will address that issue. It doesn't have raised up two mounting point like the C-3. Although I believe the FM-1 might have worked for you, maybe...

Can you post pictures of your problem?

Sure... D600 shim

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:38 PM
       6       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

6       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password