Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              16      
       18       end

Archive 2012 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Mescalamba
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.17 #1 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

n0b0 wrote:
1. I can only read so much into a poorly written post. What button are you talking about? Did you mean all their buttons? See how the lack of plural form can throw someone off? As for copying, it's called design convention. Most buttons are placed on the right hand side because cameras are designed for right handed people. If you're left handed, that's too bad.

2. I already showed you the shot from my 7D. Since you can't do the same, I can only assume that you don't have a 7D and you're just parroting what the internet says.

3. You
...Show more

Nice example of selective reading. Just read what you want and ignore rest, right? Well, you are obviously lost case of Canon fanboy. Grats to that.

Good luck with waiting for EVF, I think it would be hilarious if they really did that. EVF bolted on hotshoe (= no flash at all) with cable running to that miniHDMI connector. Yea neat solution.

Dont bother with response, cause seriously I dont care if you have something to say or not from now on.

Jul 24, 2012 at 01:58 AM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.17 #2 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Pixel Perfect wrote:
You always say Canon won't do this and that, but you are never usually right. They take their time, too long sometimes, but usually get around to giving us what we want. I get you hate Canon with a vengeance, so why get worked up over it if they never give you what you want, and you never expect them to give you what they want, why not ignore Canon altogether and go with Sony or m4/3?

Example please? Only thing I was wrong so far is that Canon wont make mirrorless in near future. Another might be that I expected them to make something nice, serious and worth it.

I dont hate Canon at all. Im disappointed with them lately a lot, thats all. Recently I was accused that I "push 5DMK3" too much against other cam (D800). Kinda funny how it changes over various parts of this forum.

Ignoring some camera maker is stupid. I dont do that, unfortunately lots of other ppl do, otherwise Canon sales would be much much lower if selling cameras was just about real performance and not brand loyalty (or in some cases blind fanboyism).

Jul 24, 2012 at 02:07 AM
jctriguy
• • •
p.17 #3 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Mescalamba wrote:
Seems my crystal ball was correct.

No EVF. No focus peaking (just hope it has at least magnification). No built-in flash (these things are not that useful for flash itself, but can be used for activating another flash). Slow AF. Not exactly great ergonomics (that movie button is serious WTF, like in NEX-7 or NX20 etc. is apparent that certain asian companies cant do anything else than "copy this"). Crappy old sensor (sure same is in 7D, but 7D has quite a bit better AA and CFA, this wont have..).

And costs almost 800 USD.

Good riddance Canon.. Mwhaahaha.

Sounds like you were only half right on this one and the no EVF was obvious from the pics and rumor specs. Nice selective reading on your part. Or are you going to say that the sensor being apsc from the newest canon dslr is a bad sensor?

Jul 24, 2012 at 02:27 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.17 #4 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

jctriguy wrote:
Sounds like you were only half right on this one and the no EVF was obvious from the pics and rumor specs. Nice selective reading on your part. Or are you going to say that the sensor being apsc from the newest canon dslr is a bad sensor?

And only half-right here also: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1134140/0

Jul 24, 2012 at 02:33 AM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.17 #5 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/digital_cameras/canon/eos_m_interchangeable_lens_camera_preview/431375

Jul 24, 2012 at 04:43 AM
jctriguy
• • •
p.17 #6 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

kewlcanon wrote:
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/digital_cameras/canon/eos_m_interchangeable_lens_camera_preview/431375

That gives a totally different view of the AF system. Curious to see if they were using a different mode compared to the tap to focus that the other previewers are using.

Jul 24, 2012 at 04:47 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.17 #7 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

chez wrote:
My understanding is the Nikon offering is a great success. Where do you get your info that Nikon made a mistake?

Probably biased by sentiment on these boards, where the paper-specs of the Nikon 1 are undesirable for 'enthusiast photographers' who are oblivious to the needs of the general snap-shooter market, which the Nikon addresses nicely with good picture quality in a very compact system. But I think the Nikon 1 is vulnerable to cameras such as the Sony RX100, assuming it's only the first of its kind.

Jul 24, 2012 at 05:09 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.17 #8 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Mescalamba wrote:
Slow AF.

You should read more: http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/digital_cameras/canon/eos_m_interchangeable_lens_camera_preview/431375

Jul 24, 2012 at 05:19 AM
jctriguy
• • •
p.17 #9 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

An image of the EOS-M attached to an 800L. Lots of other images from outside of the studio settings.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news-gallery/46625/canon-eos-m-review-hands-on/34#image

And the full review as well. http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/46625/canon-eos-m-review-hands-on

Jul 24, 2012 at 05:40 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.17 #10 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

rscheffler wrote:
Probably biased by sentiment on these boards, where the paper-specs of the Nikon 1 are undesirable for 'enthusiast photographers' who are oblivious to the needs of the general snap-shooter market, which the Nikon addresses nicely with good picture quality in a very compact system. But I think the Nikon 1 is vulnerable to cameras such as the Sony RX100, assuming it's only the first of its kind.

Not at all, based on what I've gathered from a number of different sites. I personally think it a poor system and grossly overpriced. Maybe at half the price it'd make some sense. I do not see a long term future for it, but that's just my opinion.

Jul 24, 2012 at 05:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Monito
• • • • • •
p.17 #11 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Mescalamba wrote:
[...]

n0b0 wrote:
[...]

Mescalamba wrote:
[...] you are obviously lost case of Canon fanboy.[...]

When you have no cogent arguments left you descend to the level of attempted personal insults.

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.17 #12 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Not at all, based on what I've gathered from a number of different sites. I personally think it a poor system and grossly overpriced. Maybe at half the price it'd make some sense. I do not see a long term future for it, but that's just my opinion.

From Nikon's annual reports they say the Nikon 1 system saved their year that was severely hit by the flooding in Taiwan. It might not be what we Canon folk look for, but I've seen many people out with them when I travel. Seems to deliver a very nice image and focus is lightening fast. I think people moving up from their P&S would be very happy with a Nikon 1.

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.17 #13 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

chez wrote:
From Nikon's annual reports they say the Nikon 1 system saved their year that was severely hit by the flooding in Taiwan. It might not be what we Canon folk look for, but I've seen many people out with them when I travel. Seems to deliver a very nice image and focus is lightening fast. I think people moving up from their P&S would be very happy with a Nikon 1.

I've not seen a single Nikon J1/V1 in public and the discounting is heavy already. Maybe Aussies are the only ones that don't buy them, but all the chatter I hear is m4/3 or NEX and they are the only mirrorless cameras I've noticed and I am always curious to see what people are shooting with. However, for those not using P&S I still see 10x as many people with DSLR's as mirrorless.

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:19 PM
S Dilworth
• •
p.17 #14 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

All mirrorless cameras get discounted quickly, since they're dirt-cheap to make (they're essentially SLRs with all the expensive bits removed).

The Nikon J1 seems to be doing well at Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr. Much less so at Amazon.com, but you'd expect that.

There's a definite market for high-quality cameras that are simple, stylish, and easy to use. Micro Four Thirds and NEX are aimed at people like us, not the market targeted by the Nikon 1 System and Canon EOS M. Nikon and Canon are protecting their SLRs too, of course, but that's only possible because people keep buying them.

Jul 24, 2012 at 01:18 PM
mjcabrerar

p.17 #15 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

What No direct print button

Jul 24, 2012 at 01:56 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.17 #16 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

I think some guys will enjoy a better life if they press the "Hide Me" button.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jul 24, 2012 at 01:59 PM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.17 #17 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

From TDP:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EOS-M-Camera-Review.aspx

Jul 24, 2012 at 04:00 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • •
p.17 #18 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

The sensor should be easy to get at and clean.

Jul 24, 2012 at 04:18 PM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.17 #19 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

Pixel Perfect wrote:
I've not seen a single Nikon J1/V1 in public and the discounting is heavy already. Maybe Aussies are the only ones that don't buy them, but all the chatter I hear is m4/3 or NEX and they are the only mirrorless cameras I've noticed and I am always curious to see what people are shooting with. However, for those not using P&S I still see 10x as many people with DSLR's as mirrorless.

I haven't seen anyone shooting with the Nikon 1's either. Your right about the heavy discounting, you can pick up a J1 10-30 kit for $10 more then a S100 through the HK ebay sellers at the moment! Maybe Nikon will be releasing the predecessors to the V1 and J1 in the coming months.

Jul 24, 2012 at 04:35 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.17 #20 · Canon EOS M - Canon mirror less leaked images

jctriguy wrote:

Kidding right? Its 3 years old sensor from 2009, first used in 7D (tho that one in EOS-M pretty surely doesnt have that good CFA or AA). Not exactly competition to Sony 16 mpix APS-C .. or even that m4/3 in OM-D EM-5.

Jul 24, 2012 at 05:06 PM
       18       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

18       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password