FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Why $1.70 Chinese LC-XX eBay lens caps suck

Joseph.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Why $1.70 Chinese LC-XX eBay lens caps suck

This is what I don't understand...... you've spent several hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on your gear... why cheap out on a lens cap? An original 52mm lens cap is what, $9? So you save like 7 bucks. Why cheap out on accessories and risk damage on your equipment. What if the fake junk shatters while in your bag and scratches your front element? Was the $7 savings justified?

Jul 28, 2012 at 01:14 PM
DaveyDonut

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Why $1.70 Chinese LC-XX eBay lens caps suck

If they are the same (as advertised) it's worth it. If they are not, it's not worth it. That simple. Nikon caps (like LC-77) are more like $15. When you buy 10 caps as I did, that's a savings of over $100. As stated, they do fall off, and they are not worth it, and they went in the trash. If they didn't fall off they would be worth the savings. Simple stuff here. I let the seller know, I was refunded the purchase price, and I don't use the caps. No harm (again, as stated, all feedback has been turned positive) other than this thread.

As stated, the rear caps that are $1 are just as good as the $15 Nikon rear caps. Again, worth the savings of $50 for 7 caps.

Jul 28, 2012 at 01:45 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Why $1.70 Chinese LC-XX eBay lens caps suck

Thanks for posting. I am in need of quite a few nikon caps. I am now ordering these Chinese caps and will not complain if somehow the are less than I expect from Nikon, at 10-15% of the cost. I will loose them like I lost the original Nikon anyway.

Jul 28, 2012 at 02:11 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Why $1.70 Chinese LC-XX eBay lens caps suck

DaveyDonut wrote:
If they are the same (as advertised) it's worth it. If they are not, it's not worth it. That simple. Nikon caps (like LC-77) are more like $15. When you buy 10 caps as I did, that's a savings of over $100. As stated, they do fall off, and they are not worth it, and they went in the trash. If they didn't fall off they would be worth the savings. Simple stuff here. I let the seller know, I was refunded the purchase price, and I don't use the caps. No harm (again, as stated, all feedback has been
...Show more

oh just for reference the real newer Nikon mount and body caps are produced using polymer that reduces/eliminates static build up that attracts dust.

just for reference

Jul 28, 2012 at 02:52 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.