New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Upsizing

oobie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Upsizing

I haven't needed to do this for a while. Well ok - I've never been asked if my files can goi 8' x 10' before. The people who have done it with my files have just done it. I have a client asking if one of my D3 files can go 8x10 (feet).

How do you go about upsizing files? I used to use Genuine Fractals and recently found out they've been purchased by OnOne. Are there other better options out there? What do you guys use to upsize? How do you handle sharpening? Do you do it after interpolation?

Jul 10, 2012 at 06:09 PM
philhill

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Upsizing

Genuine Fractals is now Perfect Resize, and it works very well.

Jul 10, 2012 at 07:53 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Upsizing

You need to ask what resolution they want on that 10x8

In theory you could print your file at just about any size from its native 12mp . Would it look good ? Probably not (depends on the distance the viewer is of course)

I think as far as industry standards go genuine fractals or as its called now perfect resizre is pretty much it.

Jul 11, 2012 at 03:09 AM
oobie
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Upsizing

Thanks guys. I haven't upsized anything for a while. I snagged a trial version of "perfect resize". Worked fine.

Jul 11, 2012 at 04:11 PM
mhayes5254
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Upsizing

It has also been a while for me but I compared PS to genuine Fractals at the time and I cold see no difference in the prints.

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.