Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Tran...

birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Trans Canada Highway

Bravo!! These are fantastic .

Birdie

Oct 09, 2012 at 04:51 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.3 #2 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Trans Canada Highway

Bravo!! These are fantastic .

Birdie

Oct 09, 2012 at 04:51 AM
dalite
• • • •
p.3 #3 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Trans Canada Highway

#4 for me.

Oct 09, 2012 at 05:18 AM
Desert Drake
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Trans Canada Highway

The griz cub and C of the blackie are my favorites. Nice job.
Al

Oct 09, 2012 at 11:40 AM
dgdg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #5 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Trans Canada Highway

When I drive home I see woodchucks....
Great photos!

If my backgrounds look too noisy I'll selectively sharpen the main subject, then apply softening and defocusing to the background. Not sure you would want to do this unless you had special plans for one of the photos.

Oct 09, 2012 at 12:25 PM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Trans Canada Highway

Very sad news about the cubs Scott Thanks for the update.
David

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

wilco23
• •
p.3 #7 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Trans Canada Highway

I did not know that bear eat weed

Oct 10, 2012 at 01:09 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Trans Canada Highway

raymondjbarlow, B Benson, birdied, dalite, Desert Drake, dgdg, Wilco23:

My apologies, I appreciate the kind feedback, but this is an old thread resurrected by fm member - Britserker - to note that the cub in picture 4 and his brother(sister) have just been killed by a train.

So I am not looking for feedback as much as regretting that the rail company and the park cannot solve the issue of bear after bear being killed by the trains which makes it unlikely that grizzly will continue to be viable in banff for future pictures as the use of the park increases and we don't solve the train vs bear problem.

They were a great and promising grizzly family. The mom is reclusive and hard to find so its likely that they would have been safer for hikers. Hopefully she has another brood next year.

Thanks. Scott

Oct 10, 2012 at 01:37 AM
Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
p.3 #9 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Trans Canada Highway

Scott this is sad . it's also sad that they have to spend a million dollars to research what is well and widely known by those that live in the area with bears, that they follow the train track scavenging for other animals killed by the trains . Stop other animals such as deer, moose, etc from being hit and you will stop the bears . It make take a generation or two before it all works out . Nice photos.

Tom

Oct 10, 2012 at 02:27 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.3 #10 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Trans Canada Highway

Tom Hicks wrote:
Scott this is sad . it's also sad that they have to spend a million dollars to research what is well and widely known by those that live in the area with bears, that they follow the train track scavenging for other animals killed by the trains . Stop other animals such as deer, moose, etc from being hit and you will stop the bears . It make take a generation or two before it all works out . Nice photos.

Tom

And perhaps slow the train down through the park might help too. Thanks

Oct 10, 2012 at 03:58 AM
harland
• • •
p.3 #11 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Trans Canada Highway

That is a damn shame. I agree that slowing the trains might help, but reducing the supply of food at those locations would probably help more. In addition to the other animals that might have been hit, I believe grain also drops out of the compartments thus attracting the bears to a regular food source.
Darryl

Oct 13, 2012 at 08:05 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.3 #12 · Cubs Killed - Bear #130 and Family (Grizzly) - along Trans Canada Highway

It is a shame this happened. A fence would keep the bears off the tracks. They could build some underpasses or overpasses for wildlife to pass the rails.

Morris

Oct 13, 2012 at 09:09 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password