Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Snowy Egret - Landing

mrpalaviccini
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Snowy Egret - Landing

Taken at LaChua trail in Gainesville, FL. The light was harsh, but I did the best I could C&C welcomed and appreciated.

Jul 05, 2012 at 05:08 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Snowy Egret - Landing

Nice shot. I love these guys, they are so animated .

Birdie

Jul 05, 2012 at 08:05 PM
rb_stern
• •
p.1 #3 · Snowy Egret - Landing

C&C as requested - IMHO, good placement of bird in the frame, some whites are blown, e.g. top of head, slight blur on head, with feet being a bit sharper - ?focus or ?motion blur, background is fussy and distracting - could you blur it more? I agree the light is harsh, but that's part of opportunistic wildlife photography!

Richard

Jul 05, 2012 at 09:48 PM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Snowy Egret - Landing

Wonderful shot.

Jul 06, 2012 at 01:11 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Snowy Egret - Landing

I agree with Richard Miguel. You should be able to sharpen a bit more and that will give the photo some pop. I like the light through the wings, this looks like late morning early afternoon and this is a tough time to expose whites.

Morris

Jul 06, 2012 at 01:25 AM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Snowy Egret - Landing

Yes the light is harsh and the shot overall is over exposed but that is all part of the learning curve. The comp and pose are super.

Tim

Jul 06, 2012 at 01:37 AM
mrpalaviccini
• •
p.1 #7 · Snowy Egret - Landing

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried bringing back the clipped highlights, but there just wasn't much there. The shot was overexposed by a bit and I lost the highlights. Here is the original shot. I had to add some area to the bottom of the image (hope that wasn't noticeable in the end product). I cleaned up the background a bit too with a new blank layer and a brush in Photoshop. Any suggestions as to what you would do differently. Feel free to play around with this before image.

Jul 06, 2012 at 03:02 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password