Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · this is a dead forum

jamach
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · this is a dead forum

I think all the hits are from good intentions, there are very few comments

Joe

Jul 04, 2012 at 01:19 AM
lylejk
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · this is a dead forum

Yeah, the digital art forum is what caused my to join FM many years ago since my main passion is with computer art, but I do have to admit that I visit the critique forum more so. Lately, I've been posting here more again, but there are very few folk that appear interested in digital art here (not other forums that I frequent). FM was my first forum that I ever joined. That still counts for something in my book. Except for a few run ins, the folk here at FM have been more then cordial. FM still is geared to the photographer though and there is nothing wrong with that.

Jul 04, 2012 at 02:34 AM
zquaratella
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · this is a dead forum

The forum needs more critique instead of niceties? I tend to stop by and look at the art here but I don't feel qualified often enough to actually comment critically. I do try to think of things sometimes but I worry of competing with a certain vision or aesthetic that the artist had in mind. Please, those of you that do, keep posting! Because I personally love digital art. My 2c

Jul 04, 2012 at 02:56 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jamach
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · this is a dead forum

lylejk wrote:
Yeah, the digital art forum is what caused my to join FM many years ago since my main passion is with computer art, but I do have to admit that I visit the critique forum more so. Lately, I've been posting here more again, but there are very few folk that appear interested in digital art here (not other forums that I frequent). FM was my first forum that I ever joined. That still counts for something in my book. Except for a few run ins, the folk here at FM have been more then cordial. FM still is geared
...Show more

don't stop with the computer art, this can be a great forum with new and interesting ideas

Joe

Jul 04, 2012 at 03:26 AM
jamach
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · this is a dead forum

zquaratella wrote:
The forum needs more critique instead of niceties? I tend to stop by and look at the art here but I don't feel qualified often enough to actually comment critically. I do try to think of things sometimes but I worry of competing with a certain vision or aesthetic that the artist had in mind. Please, those of you that do, keep posting! Because I personally love digital art. My 2c

stop being worried and post your two cents worth. I promise you the people whose work you critique or comment on will be thrilled to get some feedback

you can start with my stuff...

Jul 04, 2012 at 03:28 AM
lylejk
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · this is a dead forum

Oh, I never have stopped, just 100 times post at the other forums for the one that I post here (but I still post here). Again, the other forums that I frequent are geared more to the retouching/computer art side then this forum here, but they recently did change the name of this forum which opens up more opportunities for digital art that are not necessarily photo-based (it use to be a common comment when folk posted a completely generated result, that a few folk would critique (complain more like it) that it shouldn't have gotten posted here since the result didn't get created from a photo. Though I still mainly practice the modern version of Camera Obscura, I do generated renders too and am personally glad that the change of this forum's name will keep the complainers at bay.

Jul 04, 2012 at 05:33 AM

FM Forums | Digital Art & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password