Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lightroom 4 Speed on Mac

mholdef
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Lightroom 4 Speed on Mac

Since I upgraded to the D800 Lightroom has been a bit slow at times...and I suspect it has to do with the RAM which is allocated to the program.

My system is definitely fast enough, as I am running an iMac i7 along with 16GB of RAM and SSD.

I have been able to "upgrade" Photoshop by launching in 64 bit and upping the RAM from 2GB to 10GB...since then, Photoshop runs instantly, even on 250MB TIFF files...

I have played around a bit with Lightroom but can't seem to find where I could increase to RAM allocated.

Thanks for your help

Mark

Jun 20, 2012 at 02:49 PM
Mr Joe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Lightroom 4 Speed on Mac

Will be interested to hear responses to this as I'm also on an i7 Mac with 16GB of RAM and contemplating a higher MP camera.

Jun 20, 2012 at 07:15 PM
colinm
• • •
p.1 #3 · Lightroom 4 Speed on Mac

You don't need to set memory limits (and can't). Lightroom will automatically allocate as much as it needs.

Photoshop, being a positively ancient application, is carrying a lot of baggage—manual memory allocation is part of that.

Jun 20, 2012 at 08:52 PM
MrFotografer

p.1 #4 · Lightroom 4 Speed on Mac

I've found that clearing the data cache and rendering the files at either Standard or 1:1 greatly improve performance. But I, too have been having a little bit of trouble.

Jun 27, 2012 at 05:25 PM
photoelle
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Lightroom 4 Speed on Mac

This is a speed test for downloading and browsing speed in Aperture, Lightroom and Photo Mechanic:

http://www.apertureexpert.com/tips/2012/6/19/import-browse-test-aperture-vs-lightroom-vs-photo-mechanic.html

Jul 04, 2012 at 03:58 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password