Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · LI Soccer Cup 2012

Frank Lauri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · LI Soccer Cup 2012

Joe Winn wrote: That stretched out goalie kid is huge for a 9yr old.

Joe I can't believe the sizes of some of these young kids these days. I shot a 11/12 All Star game last week and the one kid was 6'1". I had to ask him of he drove to the game. And go figure....first 2 at bats, 2 pitches - 2 Home Runs.

Jul 05, 2012 at 11:20 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · LI Soccer Cup 2012

He was 16

Jul 05, 2012 at 11:28 AM
JohnPinette

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · LI Soccer Cup 2012

Wow! The action and facial expressions captured are amazing!

John

Jul 05, 2012 at 01:10 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · LI Soccer Cup 2012

cool stuff, pretty cool shoes they have now, compared when I was young lol

Phil

Jul 05, 2012 at 09:30 PM
dbaphotography
• •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · LI Soccer Cup 2012

OUTSTANDING. Thanks for continually showing some of the rest of us how it should be done.

Jul 06, 2012 at 02:47 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

fdevyatkin
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · LI Soccer Cup 2012

Beautiful work Paul!
Thanks for sharing.
Fred

Jul 06, 2012 at 03:56 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · LI Soccer Cup 2012

Russ Isabella wrote:
All well and good, but it definitely is not the same thing to point out the umbrella in #6 and to tell a newbie with a porta potty larger than life in the background that that kind of thing can really kill a picture. I say 'what umbrella?' I really had to look for it (after reading about it, because I sure as hell never saw it during my multiple viewings of that photo), and the difference for me is that the subject itself is so compelling that my eyes don't dare look away from it. Definitely not the
...Show more

I too had to go back because I didn't see it even after staring at the whole set. I won't kiss Paul's ass though, the temps are way too hot these days to get that close to one of them......

Jul 06, 2012 at 04:04 AM
kwhaley29
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · LI Soccer Cup 2012

Nice set of photos. Do you always crop so tightly on full body shots?

Oct 06, 2012 at 04:32 PM
Jackel
• •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · LI Soccer Cup 2012

I might have missed it but would you share what you were shooting with?

Oct 09, 2012 at 10:12 PM
clarence3
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · LI Soccer Cup 2012

P Alesse wrote:
Thanks everyone. I always like when everyone has different faves. That's how I can tell it was a balanced post.

1, 5, 6 for me.

For crits, even with the good timing of ball on head, the self-obstructing arm in #2 would seem to usually be one of your culls. Plus the backlighting takes away the usual golden hour punch that you usually get on skin.

#3 is tight, but seems crowded. Nice and sharp, but the closed eyes rob us of your usual captured emotion. Same with #8... closed eyes, self-obstructions.

And just as a differing opinion, I didn't love the B&W of #10... I like clean, green foliage backgrounds. The conversion also robs from the skin tones... with the buzz cut, the first thought that crossed my mind was cancer patient.

Even in an anonymous post with 1000 mixed pics, I could identify the photographer of #1. Great expression (especially eyes), great timing, and tack sharp.

In #5, even tough it's one of my faves, crop a couple more pixels from the right side to get rid of the blue blob.

Funny, even after mentioned, the umbrella in #6 still doesn't bother me. Overall the backgrounds in all of these are superb... especially if the sidelines were as cluttered as I imagine they really were.

Love the emotion and group-hug jube in #9. Maybe a little more recovery for the first face on the left.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password