Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · And yet another "How much..."

Charles Gallo
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · And yet another "How much..."

OK, Over the years, I've sold a bunch of sports photos (to parents etc), got my first (small) magazine placement (robots photo), and have sold a few prints here and there, but now I've got my first request for a shoot! Yep, pressure is on. The client is a friend, and mostly wants me to take photos of the cats,

What do you charge for something like this? Ignore the 'friend' part, it's just how I GOT the job, it doesn't effect billing, I was told "we were going to hire anyway, but you are better than the guy we were looking at" (good way to get a swelled head)

Jun 01, 2012 at 04:14 AM
K.Li

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · And yet another "How much..."

Depends if you want to do this full time or part time. Here is the simplest method of working it out, not the most accurate but a good place to start. You might not use hours if you are charging day rates, and the hours might include retouch depending on what you do.

Full time = (cost of business p.a + personal expense/salary p.a)/hours you want to work a year

Part time = (cost of business p.a + how much extra you want to earn)/hours you want to work a year

Jun 01, 2012 at 11:59 PM
innaeddy1
• • •
p.1 #3 · And yet another "How much..."

What ever you charge get every thing in writing, or y'all may not be friends longer. Since your asking what to charge I am guessing you do not have a day rate, or an hourly rate. Is this pet photography or some other kind of cats? What does your friend expect? ie prints,files,processed files,shoot burn,etc. Hard to give a starting point without some more info.

Andy

Jun 02, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Charles Gallo
• • •
p.1 #4 · And yet another "How much..."

No hourly or day rate at this point, part time, house cats, and probably have a good time doing it

Jun 02, 2012 at 12:27 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password