Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

Klaus Priebe
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

The universe is full of high tech and we wouldn't be here without it. From yesterdays eclipse.

Welcome to the Dark Side of the Moon.

May 21, 2012 at 09:52 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #2 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

Best Eclipse image I have seen, very nice Klaus. Good song too...brings back memories, and reminds of some that will be lost!

May 22, 2012 at 01:16 AM
twistedlim
• • • •
p.1 #3 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

Great eclipse shot. "And you made your way to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun.."

May 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Klaus Priebe
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

Thanks Travis and Rich. Had to listen to some Floyd after seeing the eclipse.

May 22, 2012 at 02:49 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #5 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

I am going to have to listen to some now...its in my head! Doesn't bother me...all time favorite musical group for me! been waiting for an assignment to come along where I can work them in...

May 22, 2012 at 03:44 PM
Klaus Priebe
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

Travis Rhoads wrote:
I am going to have to listen to some now...its in my head! Doesn't bother me...all time favorite musical group for me! been waiting for an assignment to come along where I can work them in...

I have been listening to them the last couple of days. Just finished with some tunes from "The Wall"
Makes for some great working music.

May 22, 2012 at 04:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

twistedlim
• • • •
p.1 #7 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

Woa, that is the dark side of the moon!

May 22, 2012 at 07:03 PM
mark fadely
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

Super sweet shot Klaus. This is the kind of shot that might work for any assignment because the image contains basically everything in the universe.

I too, love Pink Floyd. My 17 yr old daughter and I have listened to many hours of it. One of my favorite Pink Floyd songs is the solo vocal in Great Gig In The Sky. Clare Torry was brought in to sing just that one part. In fact, the band gave her no instructions except to say, "No words please, just sing". Since that day many female vocalists have tried unsuccessfully to reproduce Clare's artistic, wordless story of life and death from that impromptu rendition. During her performance there is a lull and you can hear her whisper something to the band. She turned to them and said, "I'm going to sing it like this one more time" indicating this was not supposed to be a final take on the song. Clare's connection with the band was so powerful that all of the uncut audio was left in. That's a great band, music, and art story.

May 22, 2012 at 07:20 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #9 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

that is one hell of a solo...I have been going through my Pink Floyd albums today..on #4 right now...Wish You Were Here...I have them all...

May 22, 2012 at 07:23 PM
Tenn.Jer
• • •
p.1 #10 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

And I'm digging through the cassettes for the bootleg live "Wall" I have somewhere...I'm an "Ummagumma" man, myself...and two of my daughters have "Dark Side" t-shirts - though its the graphics for the younger artist teen...

Photographically, the swirling clouds lift this eclipse above most of the others I've seen - and the perfectly centered moon on the sun caps it off...
Great Photo...
Jerry

May 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM
R_o_l_o

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

Love that pic Klaus!

May 23, 2012 at 01:35 AM
James Markus
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · #502 Celestial Mechanics

Many years ago I found on the web a "movie" called "dark side of the moon" - the soundtrack was PF "The Wall", and it had as it's video portion the film "The Wizard of Oz". It fit the music so well...It made me wonder if it wasn't the inspiration for the music...almost like how Quentin Tarantino makes you laugh with some of his music choices. I digress, Klaus, but your dramatic clouds, and eclipse image made me think of that found "movie". Thanks for sharing it with us - it must have been amazing in real life.

May 23, 2012 at 02:38 AM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password