Upload & Sell: On
| p.1 #1 · So I went out to clean the deck... |
...and one of the first things I saw was this little spider, (body about .5”), in great light. So I thought I'd dust off the old Sigma 150 macro and see if I could get a decent shot. This is full frame – shot portrait, but posted landscape to show more detail. ISO 800 on all of these shots so that I could stop down for more DOF. I used a tube for most of these too.
2) Then I noticed this cool caterpillar on it's merry way and thought I should get a shot of that too since I already had the camera in hand. Almost full frame – just removed a bit off the top for comp.
3)So I started looking for subjects, and noticed this Columbine seed head that was weirdly shaped, so I pulled the trigger a few more times. Full frame.
4) Next I found a Clematis bud, and well, I wasted a little more time shooting it. Full frame.
5)With hopes of a clean deck slowly fading, I shot this Petunia. Full frame. And I just noticed a bit noisy in the bg too.
6) So now I am really looking for subjects – macro is fun . I spotted this tiny caterpillar about .5” long on a weed in a pot from last year. Cropped.
7) And then the highlight of my day – a .25” jumping spider. Very hard to shoot, but loads of fun. A significant crop.
8) Same spider. Significant crop.
9) Then, while I was looking for something else to shoot, the spider caught a bug. I missed the catch of course, but you can see the bug in the spider's grasp. I know I cut off the tip of one leg, but there are still 7 whole legs left... Significant crop.
10) Finally, the first caterpillar came back and let get get a shot of it's face. Full frame.
So, would anyone like to come over and help me finish cleaning the deck next weekend?
And as always, thanx for looking, and C&C appreciated ~ Ron