Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Custom USB flash drive companies

kev8d

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Custom USB flash drive companies

I know there was a huge discussion about this earlier, which quickly got out of hand, but I was hoping for a few opinions on good companies to get custom flash drives from.

I plan to order a batch of about 100, with our logo and colours.

Cheerio

May 14, 2012 at 01:01 AM
nguyencs
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Custom USB flash drive companies

I haven't bought from them but I've been eyeing them. I believe people on the forum said they were at a trade show too.

http://www.pexagontech.com/

I also stumble upon:

http://www.discountmugs.com/nc/category/usb-flash-drives/

Never heard of them but they seem to got some good stuff.

May 14, 2012 at 01:24 AM
brett maxwell
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Custom USB flash drive companies

I use ipromo.com. 25 of the 4gb drives were about $8 each, printed both sides and with a write protect switch. These ones (they don't list the write protect switch, but they have it as a super cheap add on): http://www.ipromo.com/?fuseaction=product.&productsid=31

May 14, 2012 at 03:28 AM
MattSepeta
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Custom USB flash drive companies

These are looking mighty tempting. $8 extra must be worth it for the "wow cool" factor when showing them at an initial meeting...

May 14, 2012 at 01:20 PM
Trailboy

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Custom USB flash drive companies

This year I have gone from two lightscribe DVDs in a tin case to a simple 8gig usb key hanging from a bunch of very nice flowers via a ribbon. Would like some UK based personalised USB key provides if any one knows?

So far, I and my customers are very pleased.

May 14, 2012 at 02:27 PM
bpantani

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Custom USB flash drive companies

I just ordered and received 250 from memorysuppliers.com
Good pricing, great service.
They emailed a quote within 15 minutes of my request and asked for my logo so they could do a rendering of what the final product would look like. That was delivered within an hour. They also overnighted a sample drive (their logo, not mine) so I could examine the product before placing my order.

May 14, 2012 at 02:37 PM
Trailboy

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Custom USB flash drive companies

Anybody thought about using google drive or similar?

It's a hell of a download, but most of my clients are pretty savvy to be honest.

May 14, 2012 at 02:40 PM
Steve Tinetti
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Custom USB flash drive companies

I buy mine from Pexagon. I like the drives encased in wood. I order one per wedding, rather than in quantities. I uploaded my logo which they laser engrave on one side and I have them engrave the B&G with date on the other side. Currently ordering 8GB, but will likely upgrade to 16GB version soon.

May 14, 2012 at 02:41 PM
Graceology
• •
Account locked
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Custom USB flash drive companies

Adam Tan @ FlashBay.com is simply the best

May 17, 2012 at 01:07 PM
MBMK
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Custom USB flash drive companies

Steve and I are on the same page because we do it per wedding. So if you're going to go that route, it'll cost you more, but it's definitely more personalized for B&G with their names.

If you're going to go bulk, then there are lots more companies to choose from for cheaper rate. And Flashbay is a good one.

May 17, 2012 at 01:53 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

elader
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Custom USB flash drive companies

Well my wife works for these guys as an account manager - http://www.signaturesonic.com/

ask for Eve, tell her you found me here. She'll probably charge you double.

May 18, 2012 at 02:05 AM
azkaps
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Custom USB flash drive companies

Anyone know of good USB drive companies in Canada? Wanna buy local.

May 18, 2012 at 02:32 AM
usbmemdirect

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Custom USB flash drive companies

Hi guys!

First off, full disclosure, I found this forum and registered because I work at www.usbmemorydirect.com

I wanted to let you guys know that we make usb drives for photographers all the time (like literally every week we have at least one photographer order). We know what is important to you guys (reasonable prices, quick delivery, high quality). We found that most photographers who order end up giving these drives to customers, so we know the quality of the drive reflects on your business' image. Our drives are all individually tested to make sure each unit is up to your, and our, standards. We've also got the lowest prices possible (this depends on the USB controller market), and we will beat any competitors quote.

If you've got any questions about the functions of our flash drives, using them for promotions, or any general questions about this, I'd be happy to answer them, whether you buy from us or somebody else.

Thanks!

Oh, and one more thing: we are currently doing some online promotions, so if you have a photography website and might be interested in getting a *free* run of customized drives, PM me, or email me for details.

May 18, 2012 at 05:04 PM
a2rob
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Custom USB flash drive companies

usbmemdirect wrote:
Hi guys!

First off, full disclosure, I found this forum and registered because I work at www.usbmemorydirect.com

I wanted to let you guys know that we make usb drives for photographers all the time (like literally every week we have at least one photographer order). We know what is important to you guys (reasonable prices, quick delivery, high quality). We found that most photographers who order end up giving these drives to customers, so we know the quality of the drive reflects on your business' image. Our drives are all individually tested to make sure each unit is up to your,
...Show more

PM sent

May 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Aamir Zubair

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Custom USB flash drive companies

I recently bought some from http://www.logotech.com
Customer service was on point!

Mar 29, 2013 at 08:48 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Custom USB flash drive companies

Been looking into this myself. If you're looking at ordering 50+ you might want to look into the Chinese companies. They're basically what Pexagon etc sell and you can get them a lot cheaper ($2-6 per stick)

As for the UK, there's basically no one doing it for any sort of decent price. I've actually just signed up to a local hackspace with a lazer cutter/etcher and I think I'm going to give it a go myself.

Alex

Mar 29, 2013 at 09:04 PM
The Ben
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Custom USB flash drive companies

I spent a good amount of time looking at different places a few months back. I've been using the dual CD cases from WHCC to deliver my final product and my packaging was based around that. I didn't mind changing it, but I like my packaging. Turns out now WHCC offers the same CD cases w/ a USB drive that you can print your logo on. 8GB USB and a custom CD Case is $41. A little high, but I get to keep my packaging the same and offer a USB drive from now on.

Mar 29, 2013 at 09:30 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Custom USB flash drive companies

I had a bride ask me recently about the implications of us possibly switching to USB... she said... is there a way to make it so we won't be able to overwrite the data or that it could get a virus etc and lose the photos?

The answer is yes and no... There was one company that offers a 'locked' sort of USB drive but it is not compatible with all operating systems and a while back when the latest OS X came out, it didn't work with that and they had to do some sort of update... that's a problem for USB drives with wedding photos on them.

So it seems like the best thing to do if delivering on a USB drive is to still also deliver on a disc so they have an optical ['locked' so to speak] backup. And to also recommend of course not to use the USB drive as the primary storage, but rather to keep it as a backup and safely kept somewhere once you download to computer.

Mar 30, 2013 at 03:43 AM
derbarrett
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Custom USB flash drive companies

Graceology wrote:
Adam Tan @ FlashBay.com is simply the best

Amazing customer service and pricing!

Mar 30, 2013 at 04:56 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Custom USB flash drive companies

TTLKurtis wrote:
I had a bride ask me recently about the implications of us possibly switching to USB... she said... is there a way to make it so we won't be able to overwrite the data or that it could get a virus etc and lose the photos?

The answer is yes and no... There was one company that offers a 'locked' sort of USB drive but it is not compatible with all operating systems and a while back when the latest OS X came out, it didn't work with that and they had to do some sort of update... that's a
...Show more

What we do is send the USB drive with a printed disclaimer on bright colored card stock with instructions on how to copy the files to their computer, why they should do it and that if they erase the drive then it is not our fault as we advised them of what they needed to do. We also guarantee the safe keeping of their files for 2 years if the drive should fail.

Mar 30, 2013 at 01:24 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password