Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       end

Archive 2012 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

bht-kevin
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

David Baldwin wrote:
Well, I think the OPs original post wasn't very well put.

No, I don't think there is much to fix on the 7D.

But I do agree that DSLR developments do appear to have stalled somewhat, which is an entirely different point. We've all been living through an amazing technological decade in which each generation of DSLR was radically better than the one before (arguably). The latest generation of improved bodies don't appear to me to be that much better than the one before.

Looking on the bright side I will now expect my DSLRs to last much longer because I feel
...Show more

You pretty much hit it right on the head.

That was aimed to rile up the Canon crowd a bit but man are they sensitive.

And just for the record, I never in any post said the 7D was a bad camera even though if you only read the responses you would have thought I bought a Nikon, hated the 7D, committed a Cardinal sin, hated babies and probably a lot of other things.

Kevin

May 03, 2012 at 05:45 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

bht-kevin wrote:
though if you only read the responses you would have thought I bought a Nikon

Nah. We read your original post:

bht-kevin wrote:
So frustrated with Canon right now I am about to sell it all and go Nikon.

But we since learned that you lie about lots of stuff and we shouldn't believe a thing you write.

Just do it; sell up and buy the Nikon.

Good riddance.

May 03, 2012 at 06:04 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

bht-kevin wrote:
That was aimed to rile up the Canon crowd a bit but man are they sensitive.
And just for the record, I never in any post said the 7D was a bad camera

Kevin

"The 7D is geriatric... When is Canon finally going to update it?! So frustrated with Canon right now I am about to sell it all and go Nikon. 60D was such a huge dissapointment also... sigh. I look back on the build quality of the 10D compared to the new models and shake my head. If Nikon made a 100-400 L equivalent I would have already jumped ship. "

Geriatric, 10D better built, Needs an update, about to sell it, 60d a disappointment.

Perhaps you should get your arse out into the world and shoot something rather than trolling the interwebs.

May 03, 2012 at 06:05 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

bht-kevin wrote:
Oh man this post cracks me up. People get so bent out of shape when you rip on their camera brand. The attacks on my "skills" with a camera really, really crack me up. I actually dont own a 7D, that last bit was just a joke (but true joke, sorry for the 5DMK3 owners that have to send in their cameras for a black tape adjustment).

I do own a 40D and I havent seen a reason to upgrade since then. I wanted a 7D but after 2.5 years, you know something new should be coming soon so I
...Show more

2 years ago I went from 40D (which I loved) to 7D (which I love even more). IMHO it is a better camera in every respect: VF, AF, ergonomics, IQ, features - you name it. It's not a revolution but rather an evolution. Many small things that add up to a significantly better camera. It's an awesome picture taking machine that has not failed me even once and gave me nothing but great pictures. I tried the 5D2 but apart from better high ISO was not impressed by it at all. I happily returned to my 7D.

There's a saying in Hebrew that goes like: "It's better to have one bird in your hand than two up on the tree". Instead of whining of the things you don't have - a fruitless act in most cases - try to enjoy the things you do. In simple terms, try to see the glass as half full, not half empty.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

May 03, 2012 at 06:15 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

So Kevin...do you actually use your 40D, actually take photos, or does it just look, feel cool to hold it? No images uploaded, no filckr link, no website...ya know, so we can see your work...you do complain fairly well tho

May 03, 2012 at 06:16 PM
bht-kevin
• •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

Feel free...

http://supafly.areavoices.com/files/2010/11/InternetArgument.jpg

RobDickinson wrote:
Perhaps you should get your arse out into the world and shoot something rather than trolling the interwebs.

If you only knew how funny that was...

May 03, 2012 at 06:27 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

All three are sweet, luv the 3rd, great abstract...is it oil/water drops, a peacock feather? Thnx for posting some images Keven.

40D shooter here also Only reason a 7D isn't in my kit, wanted an articulating screen, I shoot from a wheelchair and think one might help...the 60D didn't interest me...I like, use C1-3 all the time...so I wait and debate on going FF or not...perhaps a tethered screen/LCD like a Marshal, IDK!

May 03, 2012 at 07:41 PM
roboticspro
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

Well,

An interesting thread;

bht-kevin wrote:
[I am an Engineer(electrical), with 3 patents and multiple products used by 100k+ people per year. Brainstorming ideas is "talking out of your rear." True innovation comes from breaking the mold. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

I would be curious to see what you have come up with for "innovation" as patent holder. So, if you wouldn't mind, please share with all of us the patent numbers that you speak of which you are responsible for.

Thanks for sharing

Edited on May 03, 2012 at 08:24 PM · View previous versions

May 03, 2012 at 08:18 PM
jerrykur
• • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

Anyone else thing this place is becoming dpreview?

I hope Fred exercises his right as moderator more often.

May 03, 2012 at 08:23 PM
roboticspro
• • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

Hey Jerry,

Seems like the full moon is a bit early...

Edd

May 03, 2012 at 08:25 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

Monito wrote:
It's very stupid to lie to the forums.

Nobody can believe anything you write now, especially this crap:

Monito, unless you know for sure bht-Kevin is not an engineer with 3 patents, then you are the one spewing crap and calling someone out without cause. I see no reason for this...in fact, I see no reason for this post other than to call YOU out on your own crap spewing.

May 03, 2012 at 08:39 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

Peter Le wrote:
So very true......all though I am content with my old tech Canon stuff for now....you are right....there is no reason to upgrade in the Canon camp.....no new innovations just upgrades to what they should have done years ago. Just look at this Canon forum......not at all like it was years ago when Canon was leading the camera tech at the best price. Very aggressive to anyone that dares challenge the all mighty Canon gods. Good discussions are almost a thing of the past here......it has become just a rip and apologize forum. Hey maybe Fred should
...Show more

Peter, all discussions on this board turn into mud slinging sooner or later. Nothing offensive can be said regarding Canon without derogatory comments coming back. Yes, I too remember a time when an actual intellectual discussion could be had, but that time has come and unfortunately gone.

May 03, 2012 at 08:41 PM
bigbluebear
• • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

David Baldwin wrote:
Well, I think the OPs original post wasn't very well put.

Agreed.

May 03, 2012 at 08:42 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

I don't believe anything the OP writes now.

May 03, 2012 at 08:44 PM
Manzelle
• •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

http://2media.nowpublic.net/images//56/7d/567d4330074c3b1bfe5065581ea096db.jpg

May 03, 2012 at 08:46 PM
Peter Le
• • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

jerrykur wrote:
Anyone else thing this place is becoming dpreview?

I hope Fred exercises his right as moderator more often.

Becoming dpreview DP is tame compared to what the Canon board has been becoming lately.......it is a shame....this was such a cool place to come and read or participate in some really interesting discussions. Now I find DPreview to actually be much more informative and not so much a fan club as this board seems to be becoming. Maybe this is why you don't see much of the longtime posters here anymore. Hopefully the future will be better around here......

May 03, 2012 at 08:47 PM
brucemuir
• • • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

My main three bodies are the
1Ds2
1D2
5D1
I don't feel limited and I'm still getting bookings so…
only thing I would probably enjoy is the better battery options for the newer bodies and a stop extra cushion when it is really dark.

May 03, 2012 at 09:18 PM
tonywong88
• •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Anyone else ready for a real 7D replacement?

I can see the headline now:
Man trolls forum, surprised at personal insults

May 03, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1       2       3      
       5       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.