Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · White Tailed Kite - which crop?

fwyflyr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · White Tailed Kite - which crop?

ashley138 wrote:
Killer shot!!! Crop 2.

Ashley -
Thanks for looking in and letting me know of your preference.
- Ken

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:38 PM
fwyflyr
• • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · White Tailed Kite - which crop?

KCollett wrote:
#1 for me. Nice image.

Thanks for making this poll a horse race.
- Ken

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:40 PM
fwyflyr
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · White Tailed Kite - which crop?

trailhiker wrote:
Well it's about time you showed up back here, Ken! I was getting worried. Seems like many of the "old" FMers are dropping out, certainly not posting as much as before. But you, sir, you have your reputation to uphold! I go with #2 also, but I'd be happy just to get a Kite this close and clean... Hope to see you Out and About soon, my friend!

P.S. So, is the D800 in your future?

Best Wishes,
Steve

Steve -
Yeah, I hear you. I've heard that a lot of the old time regulars have become scarce. A lot of the familiar names from when I started on the forum have been disappearing before I went AWOL.
Glad to see and hear that you're back and active again. I'll still need to manage a face to face with you one of these days again.
Unfortunately, I'm still shooting with the same setup that I was shooting with for the last several years. Still only manage to dream of new gear. The closest I've come to a D800 in my future was to shoot with Quang this past Saturday, who had bought one. :P
- Ken

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM
fwyflyr
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · White Tailed Kite - which crop?

Steve Shinn wrote:
Both are really fine shots Ken. If pushed to choose I like the open space and feeling in 1. It may have a lot of bg but the contrasting bird easily dominates this fine scene.

Steve -
My normal M.O. is to get the bird to fill as much of the frame as possible. But, sometimes an environmental approach seems called for. When is one approach better than the other? It's all so confusing ...................
- Ken

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM
fwyflyr
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · White Tailed Kite - which crop?

mr.jboy wrote:
Hey rusty, good to see you back, I like crop A but Karl's crop isn't bad either...you should come out and shoot with the gang sometime.

John

John -
It's been a very long time since I've been out with the gang. Still eating at Woody's?
- Ken

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:59 PM
fwyflyr
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · White Tailed Kite - which crop?

Imagemaster wrote:
Ken, crop A is my choice, unless you want to show more detail of the bird, then my choice would be B2.

Tony

Tony -
I did the B2 option for myself as well. The other two were attempts at keeping things "natural" as "nature intended".
- Ken

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.