Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2012 · How slow is 4FPS on the D800?

macdane

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · How slow is 4FPS on the D800?

tcp2525 wrote:
Let me guess, you aren't an Apple user either?

As a matter of fact, I am, since 1985. One key difference here is that when Apple has forced major changes on us (switching from ADB to USB, eliminating optical drives), they've often been right. By contrast, the XQD card has been around for more than a full year now, and the D4 remains the only camera to use it.

Another significant difference is that Apple offers an overall user experience that's vastly superior to any alternative, making it easier to tolerate changes we might otherwise protest.

macdane

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:12 PM
macdane

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · How slow is 4FPS on the D800?

binary visions wrote:
Actually, customization on fairly small consumer electronics like this is pretty complex. There are a whole lot of factors to consider. Just to name a few: swappable modules inevitably increase the size overall item; it's much more expensive to build, especially when you consider that it reduces the bulk ordering options that the manufacturer has (e.g. they can't order ten million of one size buffer memory chips); it vastly complicates the stocking and inventorying with additional saleable part numbers (again, increasing cost); it substantially complicates the testing process since they have potentially dozens of configurations to test (again, increasing
...Show more

Good points, although I'm equally critical of moves by Apple, et al., to solder RAM and other components to the motherboard. I value performance and upgradeability in my laptop more than super-smallness. Lots of folks disagree, and that's fine.

When talking about cost, though, we need to factor in the cost of having to invest in a second, incompatible flash memory format when most pros are already heavily invested in -- and satisfied with -- CompactFlash.

macdane

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:19 PM
Mataz426
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · How slow is 4FPS on the D800?

Good lord, we are talking squirrels here The FIRST thing if someone asked me about shooting squirrels would be lens, ditch the 800 and definitely the D4 if thats your main focus. Get a crop sensor, or maybe the kick butt D700 and think about getting say 300mm f/4 and a tc or some AI-S glass

See this thread.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1190519

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:29 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password