Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Paypal risk to seller?

RobertLynn
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Paypal risk to seller?

I won one time when some jerk in AZ ripped me off on a guitar.

I lost a few other times when people claimed they didn't get their items...even after proving I shipped and they signed for the items...even after seeing I'd had 0 negative ebay feedback and over 1000 unique transaction.

Paypal didn't give a crap.

Apr 14, 2012 at 03:24 AM
lukeb
• • •
p.2 #2 · Paypal risk to seller?

marti.g3 wrote:
Read the user agreement you agreed to when you signed up to use PP. It's all there in fine print.

+1

Apr 14, 2012 at 03:36 AM
charld
• •
p.2 #3 · Paypal risk to seller?

Watch out for PayPal! My personal experience
I sold a Laptop on Ebay, shipped it to a seller who claimed he never got the package so PayPal promptly placed a -$650 balance on my PayPal account.
Since i used paypal often my next $20 purchase involved me having to pay enough to bring my PayPal back to a 0 balance.

Now 6 weeks pass and working with the post office i find out the buyer had the laptop for the last month! Now when i contacted PayPal i had to PROVE to them the buyer had the laptop and when i ask them to PULL the money from the buyer account they said they will call and asked the buyer to pay. This is when i found out that PayPal is not good for the seller! Thank god the guy paid the next day, Payapl is all about collecting fees so please is you use them try to protect yourself as much as possible!

Apr 14, 2012 at 09:18 AM
Ken Eis

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · Paypal risk to seller?

I disagree that paypal lists on Craigslist are all scams but a lot are. Paypal in general has hooks into your bank account and can pull money back if there is a disput. I have one personnel experience and a friend who sells more then I do who has had it happen several times. If you are doing a lot of selling with paypal do what my friend did and set up a separate checking account with no money in it. So when you get paypal payments the mony goes into the account and you can sweep it into another account. Paypal can't see the other account.

BTW I have another photographer friend that thought doing a transaction for cash and in person using Craigslist was safe. He handed this guy $5500 for a used Dx3 and 70-200 VR2. Thats a gread deal a year ago. Problem was that two weeks later the police knocked on his door and took the gear away. The guy he bought from had ripped off rental agencies with false IDs and credit cards so the gear was stolen property. He is now out the gear and the money. The police will not even consider helping him since the guy is in jail and the gear has been returned to the rental company. His only recourse is to sue. Good luck with that.

Apr 15, 2012 at 05:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

john_edwards
• • •
p.2 #5 · Paypal risk to seller?

I'll slit my throat before I use paypal for anything.

Apr 15, 2012 at 09:17 PM
Chris Langer
• • • •
p.2 #6 · Paypal risk to seller?

john_edwards wrote:
I'll slit my throat before I use paypal for anything.

I am now a firm believer in this statement!

Apr 16, 2012 at 02:09 PM
rhyx
• •
p.2 #7 · Paypal risk to seller?

Craigslist is for cash only transactions in person. I would guess over 99% of the emails sent on Craigslist where people say they will pay via PayPal are fraudulent.

Apr 24, 2012 at 01:25 AM
elkhornsun
• • •
p.2 #8 · Paypal risk to seller?

eBay and its PayPal subsidiary make money whether or not the seller or the buyer is cheated in a transaction.

Anytime someone wants to use PayPal or a money order (easily forged) instead of cash on craiglist you can assume it is a scam. Same applies to use of a credit card and shipping to any address other than that where the bank sends the credit card statement.

Very profitable for crooks to troll looking for people selling items which they can easily fence or sell at flea markets and the like and cameras with their small size and weight and relatively high value are a prime item for them.

Apr 30, 2012 at 05:59 PM
       end

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password