Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       7       8       end

Archive 2012 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

arbitrage
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Are you gold or platinum Peter? When I asked at the camerastore in Calgary about the CPS price for the new 600f/4, they didn't ask what type and just looked it up on a list and gave me the price it would be as long as I had a CPS number.

CPS has 3 more days to meet their deadline of 1 month!!

Apr 11, 2012 at 01:54 PM
khurram1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

arbitrage wrote:
Are you gold or platinum Peter? When I asked at the camerastore in Calgary about the CPS price for the new 600f/4, they didn't ask what type and just looked it up on a list and gave me the price it would be as long as I had a CPS number.

CPS has 3 more days to meet their deadline of 1 month!!

what CPS deadline are you referring to

Apr 11, 2012 at 02:08 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

arbitrage wrote:

I am "gold" at the moment, Geoff, but if need be I can upgrade to "platinum" too.....if there would be a clear cut $$ gain in it for me.

Apr 11, 2012 at 02:28 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

khurram1 wrote:
what CPS deadline are you referring to

Don't worry, was referring to the 30 days they said they would get my membership ready by. That was March 14th so actually only 2 more days and haven't heard anything from them yet.

Apr 11, 2012 at 02:31 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Does anyone have a copy of the list of included items for Canada or the prices? Once you are a member can you get access to this info online?

Apr 11, 2012 at 02:31 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

arbitrage wrote:
Don't worry, was referring to the 30 days they said they would get my membership ready by. That was March 14th so actually only 2 more days and haven't heard anything from them yet.

Don' hold your breath waiting - I've found they are a bit slow responding. Your package will just kind of show up.

Apr 11, 2012 at 02:54 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

arbitrage wrote:
Does anyone have a copy of the list of included items for Canada or the prices? Once you are a member can you get access to this info online?

They don't give a listing, you pretty much need to check with the CPS authorized dealers.

Generally, all 1D series bodies, L lenses, the top end flashes, as well as all accessories related to these items are included (i.e. 1D series batteries).

Apr 11, 2012 at 02:55 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.6 #8 · p.6 #8 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

khurram1 wrote:
They don't give a listing, you pretty much need to check with the CPS authorized dealers.

Generally, all 1D series bodies, L lenses, the top end flashes, as well as all accessories related to these items are included (i.e. 1D series batteries).

Thanks, so teleconverters would be covered too? I'm waiting on my number to buy the 1.4 mkIII. I hope they just email me the number as I could care less for the package!! Unless they've brought back the neckstrap!

Apr 11, 2012 at 03:34 PM
Schlotkins
• • • •
p.6 #9 · p.6 #9 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

I'm CPS gold but could easily qualify for platinum if needed. I have a 500 or 600 II in my future as well as a 1Dx. What is the typically US CPS discount? I didn't know about this!

Chris

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.6 #10 · p.6 #10 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

There is no US discount or at least I think that is what I've read on these forums. Have to move to Canada. I am able to purchase the 600 f/4 mk2 for ~$9800 CDN and it lists for ~$11,500CDN which is still less than the US price.

Therefore, I see no reason not to buy as I can probably sell it for the price I buy it for to someone in the US if I find I don't use it enough. But I'm not worried about not using it anyways.

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Schlotkins
• • • •
p.6 #11 · p.6 #11 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Ah, OK - thanks. That's why I haven't heard of it.
CHris

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.6 #12 · p.6 #12 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

arbitrage wrote:
There is no US discount or at least I think that is what I've read on these forums. Have to move to Canada. I am able to purchase the 600 f/4 mk2 for ~$9800 CDN and it lists for ~$11,500CDN which is still less than the US price.
Therefore, I see no reason not to buy as I can probably sell it for the price I buy it for to someone in the US if I find I don't use it enough. But I'm not worried about not using it anyways.

Canon Canada rocks ! When it comes to supertelephoto lenses, we Canucks are finally given a break. Our ancestors' efforts of 1812 are finally starting to pay dividends to us photographers.

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM
khurram1
• • • •
p.6 #13 · p.6 #13 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

arbitrage wrote:
Thanks, so teleconverters would be covered too? I'm waiting on my number to buy the 1.4 mkIII. I hope they just email me the number as I could care less for the package!! Unless they've brought back the neckstrap!

TC's are covered. I upgraded to the 2XmkIII and that was included in the CPS pricing as well. don't remember the cost, but it was less then B&H when I got it.

Apr 12, 2012 at 03:36 AM
joakim
• • •
p.6 #14 · p.6 #14 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

CPS = Canada Penny Savers?

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM
coranda
• •
p.6 #15 · p.6 #15 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

As far as I'm aware CPS membership in Australia doesn't entitle you to any discounts on hardware - although I'd be happy if anyone can prove me wrong on this.

Apr 12, 2012 at 01:23 PM
WebDog
• • •
p.6 #16 · p.6 #16 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Ok, so it's official, mid-june
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/04/12/Canon-EOS-1DX-coming-in-june

Apr 12, 2012 at 01:25 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.6 #17 · p.6 #17 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

So I guess they won't have to pick these bodies up at the entrance gate to the opening ceremonies in London Maybe just their 500 and 600 lenses

Apr 12, 2012 at 01:51 PM
Stoffer
• • •
p.6 #18 · p.6 #18 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

WebDog wrote:
Ok, so it's official, mid-june
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/04/12/Canon-EOS-1DX-coming-in-june

Apr 12, 2012 at 01:57 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.6 #19 · p.6 #19 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

arbitrage wrote:
So I guess they won't have to pick these bodies up at the entrance gate to the opening ceremonies in London Maybe just their 500 and 600 lenses

It looks to me like Canon's production capability including production planning have been FUBARed real good.

Apr 12, 2012 at 02:00 PM
ICee
• •
p.6 #20 · p.6 #20 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

You can bet the big agencies will have them well before London 2012, it will be Joe public that will have to wait.

Apr 12, 2012 at 02:06 PM
       7       8       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

7       8       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password