Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6       7       8       end

Archive 2012 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Peter, you're thinking along the same lines as me. If 1DX performance lives up to my expectations, I'll replace my 1DsIII with a 1DX, and my "dynamic duo" will be the 1DX and 1DIV - photo felons look out !

Apr 08, 2012 at 09:25 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Jim, great minds think alike.
If 1DX delivers the goods, then I think that would be the only camera most demanding photographers would need, be they interested in landscape, portraiture, or wildlife or whatever.
Naturally, one would need a backup, and perhaps a smaller form body for travel, high pixel density or some such specialized purpose.

Apr 08, 2012 at 09:35 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

PetKal wrote:
In my mind, the first operating feedback with 5DMkIII strengthens the case for 1DX purchase, i.e., if the 5DMkIII is this good, then 1DX should be even better. When the grip is added to 5DMkIII, its price gap to 1DX becomes even smaller, which makes me lean more towards 1DX.

Price gap is still $3000 after adding a mk3 grip. That is not really pushing me very hard

Now the lack of banding in those new samples, that is pushing a little bit harder.....

Apr 08, 2012 at 09:39 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

kewlcanon wrote:
I believe whatever Rob has said .

Yes if Rob say it, then it's true

Apr 08, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

jcolwell wrote:
Peter, you're thinking along the same lines as me. If 1DX performance lives up to my expectations, I'll replace my 1DsIII with a 1DX, and my "dynamic duo" will be the 1DX and 1DIV - photo felons look out !

Me too but I will probably keep the 1Ds3 also

Apr 08, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

arbitrage -- The grip brings the 5D3 to $4000 US. The 1DX is list price for $7000 US? I don't think so.

Apr 08, 2012 at 10:42 AM
ifxbonz
• • • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

I'm banking on a 1DMK4 and 1DX combo. I sold my !DsMK3 to make it happen. The 5d3 already is delivering great AF. The 1DX cant get here soon enough.

Andy

Apr 08, 2012 at 02:16 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

ifxbonz wrote:
I'm banking on a 1DMK4 and 1DX combo. I sold my !DsMK3 to make it happen. The 5d3 already is delivering great AF. The 1DX cant get here soon enough.

Andy

1D4 and 1D X will be a killer combo

Apr 08, 2012 at 02:18 PM
ifxbonz
• • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

You bet Lars. Are you on board when it releases?

I was upset when I sold my 1DsMK3 but I cant justify all 3 bodies.
I had my 1DsMK3 nearly 3 years and sold it for $200 less than I purchased it for to make room for the 1Dx I'm not complaining too much. Though it did hurt to part with $6700.

Andy

Apr 08, 2012 at 02:30 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

ifxbonz wrote:
You bet Lars. Are you on board when it releases?

I was upset when I sold my 1DsMK3 but I cant justify all 3 bodies.
I had my 1DsMK3 nearly 3 years and sold it for $200 less than I purchased it for to make room for the 1Dx I'm not complaining too much. Though it did hurt to part with $6700.

Andy

I will buy it in the end of this year.

Apr 08, 2012 at 03:26 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

I am STILL waiting for the 1DS mk4... The 1DX ain't it... Might get the 5D mk3 until it arrives...

Apr 09, 2012 at 02:21 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Sneakyracer wrote:
I am STILL waiting for the 1DS mk4... The 1DX ain't it... Might get the 5D mk3 until it arrives...

Some people have been waiting 10 years for the 3D. You will probably do the same

Apr 09, 2012 at 03:17 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Gunzorro wrote:
arbitrage -- The grip brings the 5D3 to $4000 US. The 1DX is list price for $7000 US? I don't think so.

BH pricing says: 5D3: $3499
Grip: $349
1DX: $6799
So $2951. Sorry for the $49 dollars I was off. Seems about right to me. Not sure where you are getting your numbers from.

If you add in an average tax of say 8% then it comes to over $3000 difference because of the relative tax differences.

Just saying......

Apr 09, 2012 at 09:28 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

arbitrage wrote:
BH pricing says: 5D3: $3499
Grip: $349
1DX: $6799
So $2951. Sorry for the $49 dollars I was off. Seems about right to me. Not sure where you are getting your numbers from.

If you add in an average tax of say 8% then it comes to over $3000 difference because of the relative tax differences.

Just saying......

Geoff, please keep in mind that the Canadian CPS price for 1DX will be much lower....therefore, that $3,000 should become more like $2,000 difference.
I think 1DX is worth $2,000 extra (for CPS members).

Apr 09, 2012 at 12:25 PM
bogatyr
• • •
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

The 1D X is superior to the 5D III, and I save up for it in order to buy it in late 2012 or early 2013.

Bogatyr

Apr 09, 2012 at 01:32 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

PetKal wrote:
Geoff, please keep in mind that the Canadian CPS price for 1DX will be much lower....therefore, that $3,000 should become more like $2,000 difference.

Yeah you are right Peter, I hadn't considered the 1DX being for, shall we say, "competent fotographers" where as the 5D3 is just for us amateurs!!

Speaking of which, I sent my CPS application off on March 14th and still haven't heard a peep out of them. Lazy SOBs. How hard is it to verify my serial numbers and send me a CPS number

I'm still okay with dropping my 1DX order for the 5D3 for now. But once the 1DX starts hitting peoples' hands and we hear all this awesome stuff about it then I'll have a look at the pricing and what I can sell!!

Apr 09, 2012 at 02:53 PM
jcrawford
• •
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

yeah I picked up a 5d3 as soon as the started to speculate that the shipping would be in june... I still have my pre-order for the 1dx though... I have it with amazon so I am not sure when I will actually see it..

I like the 5d3 more than I thought I would ... but I really want to see how much better the 1dx will be ..

Apr 10, 2012 at 02:36 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

PetKal wrote:

Peter, I checked with my Canon dealer and your guesstimate for the Canadian CPS price about right, assuming you have platinum membership... I got the distinct impression from what they told me, that if you're gold, it's a different price, somewhere between the two extremes. I didn't ask for gold details, so I don't know the precise figure.

The way I look at it, at the platinum price it's 'only' $1,000 more than the 1DIV when it was initially released, though even 'just' $2,000 more than the 5DIII and grip is still a fairly large gap. I'm very curious to see how well its AF lives up to the apparently great performance of the 5DIII, but when scaled up with the extra features and at full 12fps.

Apr 10, 2012 at 04:24 PM
Rav13
• •
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

We should be seeing more images posted from the 1Dx today, the karting event takes place today, actually it's already started

Apr 11, 2012 at 03:36 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

rscheffler wrote:
Peter, I checked with my Canon dealer and your guesstimate for the Canadian CPS price about right, assuming you have platinum membership... I got the distinct impression from what they told me, that if you're gold, it's a different price, somewhere between the two extremes. I didn't ask for gold details, so I don't know the precise figure.

Ron, my Henry's contact has left me with the impression that they have only one CPS price on their books which is not dependent on the CPS membership level the buyer has. However, now that you've mentioned it, I am not sure of that any longer.

Apr 11, 2012 at 07:09 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.