Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5              7       8       end

Archive 2012 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Chriswong1973

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

I just received an email from Service Pro (one of several places I have a 1Dx on pre-order). It says due to production delays, they are now expecting shipping in May, although the April 22 days is not out of the question.

The email also stressed that they will not give out any info in terms of quantities in the first allotment, my position in their waiting list, etc..

-c

Mar 29, 2012 at 04:25 PM
katakefalos

p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Well they must be joking.There is delay because of production delays.They announced this first and they are selling 5d mk3 that they announced later? What is this company? The local grocery store?. In my opinion they are delaying because they don't have a camera so good at high iso and AF ( as they say) ready.We saw the photos.Maybe they are waiting next generation CCD next year.

Mar 29, 2012 at 04:41 PM
tonywong88
• •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

I received a phone call from my dealer confirming the May shipment delay (so far). They blew the March delivery for me so April or May isn't a big deal to my schedule now.

I'm hoping the delay is a f/8 focus fix. :P

Lemonade from lemons and all that jazz.

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

f/8 autofocus fix would be a smart reason to delay the release til May.. the press agency pros would still be able to get their units before the Summer Olympics.. Canon can't really afford to botch this release after all their marketing hype.

also, hopefully menu customizations allow 1Dx users to keep the "normal" right-hand image playback zoom-in/out buttons.. the 5D3 configuration is outright silly

Canon? you're reading this right?

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM
arbitrage
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Have you guys seen this lates rumour? http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/03/canon-eos-1d-x-delayed-again-cr2/

Mar 31, 2012 at 02:47 AM
katakefalos

p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Ha ha ha .They increase the demand by delaying the product.Steve Jobs was the inventor of this bull.It happened again before 5 years with the MK3 that Canon never gave for test to anyone.

Mar 31, 2012 at 06:38 AM
jdryan3
• •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

PhotoGunny wrote:
To be honest, I think I am going to wait a bit longer. I have tried to read everything I could possibly find about the 1Dx and a few more months won't make a difference anyway. I figure I will wait and see what other reviews come out about it after people start to get their hands on it. Thoughts?

I just want to make sure that this is the right way to go, considering it will be an upgrade that will have to last me for years. There is no way that I will be able to afford another body
...Show more
PhotoGunny - I got the 5D MkI in early 2006, and it is still my primary body. After that I put my $$ into my lenses. It was just under $3000, so it has cost me less than $500/year. I looked at the 5D MkII and the 7D when they came out, but they didn't really give me that much more. When the 1D x was announced I decided it was time to seriously consider upgrading. The FPS is nice, but I want the low light AF and full frame. My point? Buy the body that will carry you for years to come. Technology upgrades will come and go, but a great system will last for years. People still talk about the 5D MkI so fondly because it truly is a classic.

Now that the 5D MkIII is out, if the 1D x was $5000 +/-, I would get it in a heartbeat. I hope that the 1D x is the game changer they say it is, but I don't think you would be disappointed with the 5D MkIII to replace the 30D if the 1D X is out of your reach.

Apr 01, 2012 at 12:54 AM
katakefalos

p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Me on the other hand bought my first digital camera at 2003.Canon Eos 1D( 4MP). I gve 6000 euro back there at 2003.A LOT of money.I used this camera for about 100.000 shots.Then i bought used a MK2 (8MP).Made another 60.000 shots. Finally I bought new my MK3 that im using for 5 years and made more than 250.000 shots.The improvement of MK3 compare to previous models is very big.I hope with 1 DX the improvement will be money worth to upgrade my MK3.
Always in my photographic live i had Eos 1 models.Since we were shooting at film.I had the legendary Eos 1N model.The reason buying always the top series of Canon is that the build quality is very good.For many times in my life i took photos in the rain,snow for one or two hours.Nothing ever happened.The cameras are very well builded.
I cant take the risk with cameras like 5D or smaller models.Im shooting weddings and i cant replay the wedding.I have always a second camera with me( now a n Eos 60D that i never used).
Im trying to tell you that there is no reason to buy always the new models that they are selling.Only if our needs are so big but the real improve to the picture is not so different from one year to the other.
Waiting to see photos of 1 DX and if the quality is so big ok i will buy.If not i will not.I will wait 1-2 years.
The only sure is that i will buy a series 1 body.

Apr 01, 2012 at 07:13 AM
hungar

p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

They delayed it becaused their pre-order are low in sale it will make them look bad and that is marketing.
Lots of pro and non-pro are ordering the 5D mark III

Apr 02, 2012 at 06:10 PM
jcbenner
• • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

hungar wrote:
They delayed it becaused their pre-order are low in sale it will make them look bad and that is marketing.
Lots of pro and non-pro are ordering the 5D mark III

And delaying would help how?

Apr 02, 2012 at 06:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

hungar

p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

They need the big number on paper so they can show consumer like us that a $6,800.00 camera is worth the money and hundreds of photographer has it on order and If they have low orders they have to delayed it and it doesn't make them look good on sales.

Apr 02, 2012 at 07:27 PM
katakefalos

p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Searching lately on the net i found a possible explanation of the delay.Canon gave the Eos 1dx camera to many photographers(mostly shooting sports) to test the camera and give a feedback.I think that canon is about to prevent company s fail at AF with the models of MK3/MK4.
They are very interested at AF than other things like the so advertised clean image at high ISO.
As a wedding photographer i never had an AF issue with my MK3(my piece is in the list with the bad AF sensor) and i did nothing about it because it is working perfect for my needs.
One more big problem with the Canon cameras is THE FLASH.The speedlights are working bad underexposures almost all pictures.Can Canon make something about this?

Apr 03, 2012 at 07:07 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

hungar wrote:
They need the big number on paper so they can show consumer like us that a $6,800.00 camera is worth the money and hundreds of photographer has it on order and If they have low orders they have to delayed it and it doesn't make them look good on sales.

WTF

Apr 03, 2012 at 11:57 AM
marty bober
• •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Trying to figure out how to get some $$$ for the 1D-X. Does anyone know if I could sell my wife on E-Bay She's slightly used but in working condition.....

Apr 04, 2012 at 01:52 PM
katakefalos

p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

Inform me about her age and posting fees and we will find out

Apr 04, 2012 at 02:14 PM
Mstic
• • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

You know you still want the 1Dx and Mk 4 You can travel with either

ifxbonz wrote:
That's my dilemma ! What do I do ! My original thought was to have the 1.3 mk4 and FF Dx, but..... I could sell the mk4 buy 5d3 and be ahead money wise and use the 5d3 as a back up and have a nice travel camera.

Andy

Apr 06, 2012 at 03:23 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

katakefalos wrote:
Searching lately on the net i found a possible explanation of the delay.Canon gave the Eos 1dx camera to many photographers(mostly shooting sports) to test the camera and give a feedback.I think that canon is about to prevent company s fail at AF with the models of MK3/MK4.
They are very interested at AF than other things like the so advertised clean image at high ISO.
As a wedding photographer i never had an AF issue with my MK3(my piece is in the list with the bad AF sensor) and i did nothing about it because it is working perfect for my
...Show more

Canons AF fail with the mk4 What was wrong with that body ?

Apr 08, 2012 at 09:35 AM
katakefalos

p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-10048-10484

Apr 08, 2012 at 12:11 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

I believe whatever Rob has said .

katakefalos wrote:
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-10048-10484

Apr 08, 2012 at 12:18 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · Canon EOS 1D-X now shipping pre-orders!

In my mind, the first operating feedback with 5DMkIII strengthens the case for 1DX purchase, i.e., if the 5DMkIII is this good, then 1DX should be even better. When the grip is added to 5DMkIII, its price gap to 1DX becomes even smaller, which makes me lean more towards 1DX.

Edited on Apr 12, 2012 at 04:18 PM · View previous versions

Apr 08, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1       2       3      

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password