Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              40      
       42       43       end

Archive 2012 · NEX Discussion Thread

uhoh7
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #1 · p.41 #1 · NEX Discussion Thread

Jeff Kott wrote:
According to DXO, the sensor in the 5N performs slightly better than the one in the 5R and 6. People have speculated that it's basically the same sensor technology, but the slight advantage to the 5N may be because the 5R/6 sensor utilizes some of the pixels for the PDAF focusing.

FYI, I have a 5N and a 7 and there's no way I'm getting rid of my 5N. I love the size and the fact that it works so well with wide angle lenses. Taking into account the low price that you would get selling it used, hanging onto
...Show more

5n still my only nex. Has been to hell. Just before his warranty expired, I sent into Sony and they gave me a new LCD and fixed my wheel.

I just hope that the coming full frame version is not really "a little bigger than the seven".

Apr 12, 2013 at 04:42 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.41 #2 · p.41 #2 · NEX Discussion Thread

Anyone using a contax rf lens adapter? I need the sonnar.

Apr 12, 2013 at 05:06 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.41 #3 · p.41 #3 · NEX Discussion Thread

I am. More specifically, a Amedeo's contax rf-leica and then a leica-nex. If it was now, i'd choose a contax rf-nex adapter, because it's got some play. The 50 sonnar is magnificent, but the play is so annoying I tend to use it very little.

Apr 12, 2013 at 05:50 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.41 #4 · p.41 #4 · NEX Discussion Thread

Do you think the $60 adapter from eBay works? There are $250 ones which I can't justify.

Apr 12, 2013 at 06:21 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.41 #5 · p.41 #5 · NEX Discussion Thread

If you're trying to use a 50mm lens, no, it doesn't, because it doesn't have a helicoid. The cheapest I've seen for one with one is a this one:
http://www.ebay.es/itm/Kipon-Advanced-Contax-RF-Lens-to-Sony-E-Adapter-NEX-5-3-/330574704296?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item4cf7c9aea8#ht_2893wt_1114
But I haven't tried. I'm thinking about it, though… (but the Kipon I bought I had to return, because it fell to pieces, so I'm not all that confident about it).

Apr 13, 2013 at 08:41 AM
mortyb
• • •
p.41 #6 · p.41 #6 · NEX Discussion Thread

Has anyone used the CV 21/4 on the Nex? I'm wondering how it performs stopped down, and if it has the same, nice clarity as the 15/4.5.

May 04, 2013 at 04:23 PM
ebookman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #7 · p.41 #7 · NEX Discussion Thread

mortyb wrote:
Has anyone used the CV 21/4 on the Nex? I'm wondering how it performs stopped down, and if it has the same, nice clarity as the 15/4.5.

Yes I have a CV 21/4 39mm with M mount adapter. The lens is very sharp at F8 but has significant color shift compared to the 15/4 on my Nex 5n. I always feel a need to use cornerfix which is easy but another step.

Here is an uncorrected shot.

May 05, 2013 at 06:52 AM
philber
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #8 · p.41 #8 · NEX Discussion Thread

There is colour shift, but I wouldn't call it "bad". The Contax G 21 has a lot more, and the Leica M 24 Elmar, though less wide, has at least as much.

May 05, 2013 at 07:01 AM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.41 #9 · p.41 #9 · NEX Discussion Thread

One of this days, I should do a 21mm shootout: CV 21/4, Contax G 21/2,8, Yashica ML 21/3,5 and Konica 21/2,8… I suppose that all of them have their stenghts, but I tend to use the Contax and then the Konica (I could add the Sony 20/2,8 to the mix as well).

May 05, 2013 at 10:06 AM
mortyb
• • •
p.41 #10 · p.41 #10 · NEX Discussion Thread

Thanks for the example and info. If there's any color shift in that image, it doesn't bother me at all. Clarity seems quite good.

May 06, 2013 at 09:22 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mortyb
• • •
p.41 #11 · p.41 #11 · NEX Discussion Thread

I got a Nex-6 today. The diopter (is it?) (that moves back and forth inside the VF when you adjust it), is slightly tilted counter clockwise. Not sure if it has any practical impact on the VF view, but it sort of annoys me. Curious if this is normal or anyone else with a Nex-6 or 7 can tell.

May 15, 2013 at 07:22 PM
Phillip Reeve
• • •
p.41 #12 · p.41 #12 · NEX Discussion Thread

mortyb wrote:
I got a Nex-6 today. The diopter (is it?) (that moves back and forth inside the VF when you adjust it), is slightly tilted counter clockwise. Not sure if it has any practical impact on the VF view, but it sort of annoys me. Curious if this is normal or anyone else with a Nex-6 or 7 can tell.

I think mine isn't tilted but i am not 100% sure if we are looking for the same thing, can you take a picture of it?

May 15, 2013 at 08:11 PM
mortyb
• • •
p.41 #13 · p.41 #13 · NEX Discussion Thread

Thanks, but I'm exchanging it for another.

May 15, 2013 at 08:41 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.41 #14 · p.41 #14 · NEX Discussion Thread

Is there an easy way to change the AF area when you are using AF/MF hold to focus?

---
Take the AF/MF button (please). To be able to use it as a one press (instead of having AF on the shutter release) you have to first venture into theMenu, select the Camera icon, then scroll to AF/MF select. Press the center button, then turn the scroll wheel to MF. Now, return to Menu, and then go to the Setup section icon. Go to AF/MF control (yes, same name but it's a different one), press the center button and select Hold.  Got that? Once done, you have now decoupled autofocusing and the shutter release. This is a way of working that a lot of photographers use regularly, myself included.

May 16, 2013 at 03:18 AM
ISO1600
• • • •
p.41 #15 · p.41 #15 · NEX Discussion Thread

I'm super excited- I've had my NEX6 for a week now, but no lenses/adapters. First adapter (standard Nikon F-NEX) should arrive today, and I'll be able to try my 50/1.4.
Goofy CCTV lens should arrive tomorrow or saturday (35/1.7, $26).
Mitakon Lens Turbo next week (F Mount).
Two more nikkors (35/2, 85/2) shortly after.

May 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.41 #16 · p.41 #16 · NEX Discussion Thread

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
Is there an easy way to change the AF area when you are using AF/MF hold to focus?

---
Take the AF/MF button (please). To be able to use it as a one press (instead of having AF on the shutter release) you have to first venture into theMenu, select the Camera icon, then scroll to AF/MF select. Press the center button, then turn the scroll wheel to MF. Now, return to Menu, and then go to the Setup section icon. Go to AF/MF control (yes, same name but it's a different one), press the center button and select Hold.  Got that? Once done, you have now decoupled autofocusing and the shutter release. This is
...Show more

Set the right key, usually flash to focus area. Change from mf to dmf, custom key. Then use focus area to change area. Then go back to mf.

May 16, 2013 at 04:06 PM
H.Lux
• •
p.41 #17 · p.41 #17 · NEX Discussion Thread

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
Do you think the $60 adapter from eBay works? There are $250 ones which I can't justify.

The only one that has worked for smooth focusing is the metabones. And only the second copy works fine. The Kipon, I sent back.

Take a lokk, it's not as expensive as you think, I got mine from there, it's an honest guy: click

Enjoy

Stefan

May 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Jacob D
• • •
p.41 #18 · p.41 #18 · NEX Discussion Thread

Anyone here find a fisheye lens that you like for the NEX? I've been considering the Rokinon. The size is the only hold up for me right now.

May 17, 2013 at 01:55 PM
alwang
• • •
p.41 #19 · p.41 #19 · NEX Discussion Thread

There's a Rokinon 8/3.5 fisheye for SLRs, and there is a Rokinon 8/2.8 fisheye for NEX. The NEX one is very small, and is supposed to be as good if not better than the large DSLR one.

I have the SLR one, and I think it's pretty good, although I usually use it on a Sony SLR. The projection is less fishy than most fisheyes, such that if you're shooting perfectly level there's little distortion. Only if you tilt up or down does it seem like a fisheye.

May 17, 2013 at 04:21 PM
Jacob D
• • •
p.41 #20 · p.41 #20 · NEX Discussion Thread

Al, thanks for the info. From what I had read the E-Mount version was essentially the SLR version with a different mount... sounds like I've overlooked something. I'll have to do my homework a little better.

May 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM
       42       43       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

42       43       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password