Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · How to end a consultation gone bad?

Sergio Mottola
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · How to end a consultation gone bad?

i just say its simply NOT fair to my other clients.

Feb 29, 2012 at 02:54 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · How to end a consultation gone bad?

I donīt know but I find f....ing STUPID, in general, to go to any pro to get quality services (that you have seen from other jobs from your friends) with a four years old price in mind so they just deserve a very quick and professional "thanks for coming but putting my prices as they were 4 years ago it is nearly impossible".

The answer to the above situation I would love to say one day is: "my family and I also eat, you know" and then unleash the dogs

Jaime.

Feb 29, 2012 at 08:05 AM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · How to end a consultation gone bad?

They should have a ballpark idea of your pricing before you go meet. Otherwise, there is a strong likelihood you are wasting your time.

Feb 29, 2012 at 10:16 AM
TheGE
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · How to end a consultation gone bad?

Sticker shock at the end of the meeting only means they weren't pre-qualified/presold. At that point in the process, price shouldn't be a surprise.

When a consult turns south, I think the thing to do is a takeaway. It's possible that doing a takeaway flips the tables so there's a small chance they'll backpedal and want to book. On the greater chance that they still don't, with a takeaway you at minimum still maintain control and their respect.

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:05 AM
eNoBlog
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · How to end a consultation gone bad?

RL15 wrote:
Regardless what would be a good exit strategy without being outright rude? Just leave?

Are you still there, stuck while the jabber at you?

I couldn't resist. Obviously by now you've found an escape route... so I'm not quite following... what's the point of your question? How did you end up departing the situation? Are you unhappy with how you did it and would like us to suggest cleaner ways for next time?

Feb 29, 2012 at 04:44 PM
NotoriousPTG
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · How to end a consultation gone bad?

Maybe start mentioning some other local togs that may fit their price range. I think that maybe that would give them the hint?

Feb 29, 2012 at 08:49 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.