Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              8      
       end

Archive 2012 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

twelveish
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #1 · p.9 #1 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

+1 on everything you wrote about the X10. However, yesterday I finally broke down and got the X100. Also a stunning camera in use, for me. I too tend to stay away from the discussions on DPR and much prefer this place right here. Unfortunately though, there seems to be no even remotely active X100 image thread. Anyway, my plan is to pretty much replace the X10 with the X100 for everyday spontaneous use, but for travel I'm thinking the two will complement each other very well indeed.

15Bit wrote:
I don't bother with the forums there, but they do have a decently comprehensive set of reviews.

It's a shame we struggle to keep this thread ticking over as i think the camera is a little gem. Handling is brilliant, and unlike almost every other P&S i've used it feels like a real camera and not a lump of plastic that takes pictures. With the new VF and a tidy-up of the menu's i think the X20 will be a very compelling package. This probably isn't the forum for it though - folk here are more likely to get a
...Show more

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:53 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #2 · p.9 #2 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

Thanks for all the information. I'm still vacillating as I have a couple of MFT lenses left laying around, but the X10 really fits the idea of "always with me." The X20 does seem to address some of the concerns raised by the X10, but I see really nice prices on used X10s.

Hope to be able to join this thread at some point. I assume the X20 will be eligible?

Robert

Feb 15, 2013 at 03:48 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #3 · p.9 #3 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

If looking for an all in one compact, I'd recommend the Sony RX100 above the X10. My dad has an X10, and it's a good little camera, and it feels great in the hand, but the RX100 is both smaller and more capable, with image quality comparable to early m4/3 cameras like the E-P1. The lens is a little better on the X10, though (especially in Macro mode), but the sensor improvements on the RX100 make for a bigger difference there than the smaller differences of the lenses.

Feb 15, 2013 at 03:55 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.9 #4 · p.9 #4 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

Jman13 wrote:
If looking for an all in one compact, I'd recommend the Sony RX100 above the X10. My dad has an X10, and it's a good little camera, and it feels great in the hand, but the RX100 is both smaller and more capable, with image quality comparable to early m4/3 cameras like the E-P1. The lens is a little better on the X10, though (especially in Macro mode), but the sensor improvements on the RX100 make for a bigger difference there than the smaller differences of the lenses.

From what i have seen the image quality from the RX100 is for sure a step up from the X10, though over here the RX100 is about 50% more expensive than the X10, so i regard them as being in different market segments. For the moment the pre-order price on the X20 is about the same as the RX100 though, and i agree its a hard sell at that. If you can wait a couple of months I expect the "settled" price to again place the Fuji a step below the Sony.

Feb 15, 2013 at 04:13 PM
twelveish
• •
p.9 #5 · p.9 #5 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

It also takes photos:

Feb 16, 2013 at 08:01 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.9 #6 · p.9 #6 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

twelveish wrote:
It also takes photos:

Yes it does:

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM
twelveish
• •
p.9 #7 · p.9 #7 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

You really do make a habit of shooting into the sun don't you? I like your results though. Myself, I seem to have a nasty habit of only shooting at night. 3200 is pushing it for this little camera, but I'm ok with a bit of noise.

Mar 10, 2013 at 05:57 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

15Bit
• • • •
p.9 #8 · p.9 #8 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

I was thinking much the same thing a couple of days ago while scrolling through my LR catalogue. I've another one in for this months alt competition. I should probably diversify a bit

I don't think I've bumped my X10 beyond iso 1600. That shot at 3200 is pretty good though, certainly good enough for small prints and web display.

Sticking with my "signature look" for the moment.

Mar 10, 2013 at 06:19 PM
bijan2008

p.9 #9 · p.9 #9 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

twelveish wrote:
You really do make a habit of shooting into the sun don't you? I like your results though. Myself, I seem to have a nasty habit of only shooting at night. 3200 is pushing it for this little camera, but I'm ok with a bit of noise.

Great photograph twelveish ...

A couple here ...

Aperture Priority
1/400, f/2.2, ISO 400

Aperture Priority
1/1300, f/3.2, ISO 400

Mar 18, 2013 at 02:21 PM
CSStevens
• •
p.9 #10 · p.9 #10 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

Got my used Fuji X10 in the mail yesterday after deciding I wanted something a little more versatile (and responsive) then the Leica X1 which I sold a few weeks back, anyways, I only shot very briefly with it and played around at home but loving it so far. Can't wait to take it out for a proper street photography expose.

Anyways, here's one of my favorite shots so far (edited with Silver Efex Pro):

Long Days and Long Shadows by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

Mar 22, 2013 at 08:22 AM
15Bit
• • • •
p.9 #11 · p.9 #11 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

Welcome to the thread CS. That's a super shot to join with.

Moving on from my "into the sun" shots:

Mar 23, 2013 at 01:20 PM
CSStevens
• •
p.9 #12 · p.9 #12 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

Thanks! I like the high-key look of that shot.

Here is another from that outing; hoping to shoot a little more today in the last hour or so of the sun (only thing that will change that is if any spot news pops up that I have to go cover but hopefully not...):

Concrete Patterns by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

Mar 23, 2013 at 09:44 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.9 #13 · p.9 #13 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

I've been playing a bit with Capture One 7 on the Fuji RAW files and to me it seems to do a much better conversion than Lightroom/ACR. I can get pretty much the same level of detail and noise reduction as the OOC jpg, which is something i can't get close to with ACR, and it doesn't give that grainy oversharpened look so readily. The default colours are better than ACR standard too, though not as good as ACR with a Colorchecker profile. I think i will be throwing some money at Phase One shortly.

Keeping the B&W theme running, a street shot (converted in C1 Pro).

Mar 28, 2013 at 01:50 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.9 #14 · p.9 #14 · Fujifilm X10 Thread

Still working with Capture One, and i definitely prefer the conversions to the LR versions.

Apr 07, 2013 at 07:23 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password