Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
8
       9       end
  

Archive 2012 · Fujifilm X10 Thread
  
 
kosmoskatten
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


Yes, I agree.
I like the X10 but I use it as a jpeg camera for the most part. I would not fiddle with RAW unless I had to with this type of camera and I think it does a fine job with jpegs.

Considering the slow progress of X-trans sensor processing I am not too interested in the X20 myself.

I can't think of another manual zoom camera from the top of my head so I guess you are right about that. It is a bit sad. Normally I am not interested in zoom cameras so I haven't researched the camera market in that segment lately but it seems all others are power zooms, so Fuji got it right in my book.



Jan 17, 2013 at 09:39 AM
esanchez
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


Macro Setting

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8328/8390898394_c632bfb523_h.jpg



Jan 17, 2013 at 10:04 PM
rattymouse
Offline
• • • • •
Account locked
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


That's crazy.


Jan 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM
15Bit
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


Pre-order prices on the X20 are up in europe now. Oddly the norwegian price is quite a lot lower than the UK one (first time i've seen that), but either way it's an expensive upgrade so i'll probably pass on it for the moment.

Ratty - you might change the thread title to "X10/X20 thread" when the new camera comes out? Good to keep the family together.

Anyway, since this is a picture thread - jpeg from camera with B&W conversion in LR:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8332/8394688916_f7286d13de_b.jpg



Jan 19, 2013 at 08:03 AM
esanchez
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


I have both the X-E1 and the X10 and carry more the X10 because it's smaller and fits in the arm rest of my car better than the X-E1 so I tend to use it more. Amazing little camera and I agree the X20 is awesome but I'm not ready to shell out $600 for it. I picked up my X10 for $380...


Jan 20, 2013 at 03:26 AM
goosemang
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #6 · p.8 #6 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


so I bought an x10 when it came out, but sold it because of the lack of info in the viewfinder and the sensor issue. since then I bought an x100, which I love, but my brother has an x10 and every time I use it I kind of wish I could take it home with me.

so today I ordered the x20, on the spot, when I heard it had LCD info in the viewfinder. I had no intention of even considering purchasing it, and just happened to read about it. I'm excited to have another Fuji on the horizon...



Jan 23, 2013 at 03:37 AM
15Bit
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #7 · p.8 #7 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


The in-VF display is the most attractive feature for me also.


Jan 23, 2013 at 08:56 AM
twelveish
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #8 · p.8 #8 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


15Bit wrote:
The in-VF display is the most attractive feature for me also.


Absolutely.

A few walk-abouts of late:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8493/8438998213_1cfbdbc20f_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8051/8438997379_2ed04bb847_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8463/8440083170_052c3c9a3f_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8234/8440078140_3ff293c548_b.jpg



Feb 03, 2013 at 03:07 AM
15Bit
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #9 · p.8 #9 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


I do find mine to be a most excellent walkabout camera also:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8077/8444837148_2662febf00_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8226/8444836822_9c67bbb8fd_b.jpg



Feb 04, 2013 at 01:38 PM
15Bit
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #10 · p.8 #10 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


Just to tick things along:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8187/8444869226_b4e717a3ea_b.jpg



Feb 14, 2013 at 06:19 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



OntheRez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #11 · p.8 #11 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


I just stumbled onto this thread in my researching a "carry everywhere" camera. It's almost a private party Some awesome work here! Rattymouse, some incredible images. I was in China in 2000, and the differences (at least in a big city like Shanghai) are amazing. People's wear has literally gone from olive drab to a rainbow of colors. Bijan that Buddha (or at least a serene face) juxtapositioned against the "Bargain Now" signs is remarkable.

I'm seriously considering the X20 as I'm assuming it has improved the info in the viewfinder. Can anyone confirm this.

Truly nice work here.

Robert



Feb 14, 2013 at 06:47 PM
dasrocket
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #12 · p.8 #12 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


Does the x10 have a square crop available? That is my primary format on the LX3.


Feb 14, 2013 at 06:48 PM
15Bit
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #13 · p.8 #13 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


dasrocket wrote:
Does the x10 have a square crop available? That is my primary format on the LX3.


It does have a 1:1 crop mode.



Feb 14, 2013 at 06:59 PM
15Bit
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #14 · p.8 #14 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


OntheRez wrote:
I'm seriously considering the X20 as I'm assuming it has improved the info in the viewfinder. Can anyone confirm this.


There is a hands-on preview up on DPR with info about this.



Feb 14, 2013 at 07:17 PM
OntheRez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #15 · p.8 #15 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


15Bit wrote:
There is a hands-on preview up on DPR with info about this.

Thanks 15bit. Truth is I stay away from DPReview, but I guess I don't have to pay any attention to the discussion. Just read the article and sneak out. Oh, and I forgot to acknowledge your superb work also. I'm amazed at what this little camera can do, but then as we use to say back in my ski patrol days, "It ain't the skis, it's the knees."

I'm vacillating between the OM-D (used), the X20, and perhaps a X100 (used).

Robert



Feb 14, 2013 at 07:35 PM
15Bit
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #16 · p.8 #16 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


OntheRez wrote:
Thanks 15bit. Truth is I stay away from DPReview, but I guess I don't have to pay any attention to the discussion. Just read the article and sneak out. Oh, and I forgot to acknowledge your superb work also. I'm amazed at what this little camera can do, but then as we use to say back in my ski patrol days, "It ain't the skis, it's the knees."

I'm vacillating between the OM-D (used), the X20, and perhaps a X100 (used).


I don't bother with the forums there, but they do have a decently comprehensive set of reviews.

It's a shame we struggle to keep this thread ticking over as i think the camera is a little gem. Handling is brilliant, and unlike almost every other P&S i've used it feels like a real camera and not a lump of plastic that takes pictures. With the new VF and a tidy-up of the menu's i think the X20 will be a very compelling package. This probably isn't the forum for it though - folk here are more likely to get a more expensive P&S like the X100 or RX100 than an X10/X20. Hopefully when the X20 comes out we can make this a joint X10/X20 thread and get a bit more traffic though.

I would say that i've also had a play with the X100 and its a nice quality bit of kit too, but a little pricey for me. I also want a bit more flexibility than the fixed 35mm FL.




Feb 14, 2013 at 08:06 PM
twelveish
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #17 · p.8 #17 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


+1 on everything you wrote about the X10. However, yesterday I finally broke down and got the X100. Also a stunning camera in use, for me. I too tend to stay away from the discussions on DPR and much prefer this place right here. Unfortunately though, there seems to be no even remotely active X100 image thread. Anyway, my plan is to pretty much replace the X10 with the X100 for everyday spontaneous use, but for travel I'm thinking the two will complement each other very well indeed.

15Bit wrote:
I don't bother with the forums there, but they do have a decently comprehensive set of reviews.

It's a shame we struggle to keep this thread ticking over as i think the camera is a little gem. Handling is brilliant, and unlike almost every other P&S i've used it feels like a real camera and not a lump of plastic that takes pictures. With the new VF and a tidy-up of the menu's i think the X20 will be a very compelling package. This probably isn't the forum for it though - folk here are more likely to get a
...Show more



Feb 14, 2013 at 09:53 PM
OntheRez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #18 · p.8 #18 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


Thanks for all the information. I'm still vacillating as I have a couple of MFT lenses left laying around, but the X10 really fits the idea of "always with me." The X20 does seem to address some of the concerns raised by the X10, but I see really nice prices on used X10s.

Hope to be able to join this thread at some point. I assume the X20 will be eligible?

Robert



Feb 15, 2013 at 03:48 PM
Jman13
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #19 · p.8 #19 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


If looking for an all in one compact, I'd recommend the Sony RX100 above the X10. My dad has an X10, and it's a good little camera, and it feels great in the hand, but the RX100 is both smaller and more capable, with image quality comparable to early m4/3 cameras like the E-P1. The lens is a little better on the X10, though (especially in Macro mode), but the sensor improvements on the RX100 make for a bigger difference there than the smaller differences of the lenses.


Feb 15, 2013 at 03:55 PM
15Bit
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #20 · p.8 #20 · Fujifilm X10 Thread


Jman13 wrote:
If looking for an all in one compact, I'd recommend the Sony RX100 above the X10. My dad has an X10, and it's a good little camera, and it feels great in the hand, but the RX100 is both smaller and more capable, with image quality comparable to early m4/3 cameras like the E-P1. The lens is a little better on the X10, though (especially in Macro mode), but the sensor improvements on the RX100 make for a bigger difference there than the smaller differences of the lenses.


From what i have seen the image quality from the RX100 is for sure a step up from the X10, though over here the RX100 is about 50% more expensive than the X10, so i regard them as being in different market segments. For the moment the pre-order price on the X20 is about the same as the RX100 though, and i agree its a hard sell at that. If you can wait a couple of months I expect the "settled" price to again place the Fuji a step below the Sony.



Feb 15, 2013 at 04:13 PM
1       2       3              7      
8
       9       end






FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
8
       9       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password