Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       7       end

Archive 2012 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

Joseph.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

wow, tough crowd tonight..
lay off of Greg, he's just a passionate artist, that is all.

The only disappointment I have is that you sold your Ai-s glasses! how could you??

Feb 23, 2012 at 02:03 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

afm901 wrote:
The OP's posts scream "Look at me!!" and "Look at what I have!!".

Just too narcissistic for me.

Well said.

Feb 23, 2012 at 02:20 PM
pookipichu
• • •
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

I don't think it's a negative to have self-portraits. In fact, I think that not enough photographers have pictures taken of themselves. It's hypocritical to expect people to pose or be okay with photos and have none of themselves. Narcissism would be taking self-portraits to the exclusion of other subjects. Obviously the poster takes photos of more subjects than just himself.

Feb 23, 2012 at 03:40 PM
afm901
• •
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

Opinion deleted since we are not allowed to express an opinion that does not heap praise on the OP.

Edited on Feb 23, 2012 at 09:04 PM · View previous versions

Feb 23, 2012 at 04:28 PM
ryankarr
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

afm901 wrote:
No doubt........ ZZZzZZzzZZZZzZZZZZZZZ

Scott

afm901 wrote:

A touch narcissistic Understatement of the year!

Scott

afm901 wrote:
I can see it now: a coffee table book called "Rubbish of the World". See one man's artistic impression of trash. From sunny Waikiki to freezing St. Petersburg. Don't forget, one man's trash is another man's treasure!

Scott

afm901 wrote:
The OP's posts scream "Look at me!!" and "Look at what I have!!".

Just too narcissistic for me.

Yes, he throws some interesting photographs in the mix. But the "me" stuff drowns out the good stuff....

Scott

afm901 wrote:
The equipment photos and self-portraits are overwhelming.....

Scott

Did Gregory harm you in some way in the past? Because you seem to have an axe to grind.

Feb 23, 2012 at 05:42 PM
gfinlayson
• • •
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

ChrisDM wrote:
Reminds me of this story:

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too." The grandson thought about
...Show more

We all know which wolf Scott (afm901) is feeding......

Feb 23, 2012 at 06:13 PM
afm901
• •
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

Opinion deleted since we are not allowed to express an opinion that does not heap praise on the OP.

Edited on Feb 23, 2012 at 09:04 PM · View previous versions

Feb 23, 2012 at 06:26 PM
hjanssen
• • •
p.6 #8 · p.6 #8 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

Who cares what camera you use............

Feb 23, 2012 at 06:28 PM
gfinlayson
• • •
p.6 #9 · p.6 #9 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

afm901 wrote:
There are more than two wolves.....

I am feeding the wolf that is not afraid to call them as it sees them. I am in no way envious or jealous of Greg. I do not feel superior to Greg nor am I angry at Greg.

I see Greg as a narcissist. In my opinion, which I am allowed to have, he is showing off his camera equipment and pictures of himself. I found the presentation a bore because of the content.

That's my call. Maybe I would see Greg differently if I knew him personally. Or, maybe it would confirm what I already
...Show more

That's 6 critical posts in 5 pages of thread. I think you've made your point. Unless you're really trying to boost your post count, it's probably time you moved along.....

Feb 23, 2012 at 06:46 PM
ChrisDM
• • • • •
p.6 #10 · p.6 #10 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

afm901 wrote:
There are more than two wolves.....

I am feeding the wolf that is not afraid to call them as it sees them. I am in no way envious or jealous of Greg. I do not feel superior to Greg nor am I angry at Greg.

I see Greg as a narcissist. In my opinion, which I am allowed to have, he is showing off his camera equipment and pictures of himself. I found the presentation a bore because of the content.

That's my call. Maybe I would see Greg differently if I knew him personally. Or, maybe it would confirm what I already
...Show more

You're right, and I would tell you the name of that 3rd wolf you're feeding, but I'm a gentleman who doesn't need to belittle others repeatedly. Not sure you can relate.

Feb 23, 2012 at 07:02 PM
james balboni

p.6 #11 · p.6 #11 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

You guys shoud start another thread and call it Whine bags or Blow Hards!! if you do not like his work move on or ignore him!!!

Feb 23, 2012 at 07:36 PM
afm901
• •
p.6 #12 · p.6 #12 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

Feb 23, 2012 at 07:45 PM
Smiert Spionam
• • • •
p.6 #13 · p.6 #13 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

ChrisDM wrote:
You're right, and I would tell you the name of that 3rd wolf you're feeding, but I'm a gentleman who doesn't need to belittle others repeatedly. Not sure you can relate.

But not so much of a gentleman as to not point it out.

Gimme a break.

The OP offered a rambling, poorly edited, obviously self-indulgent post, which is not entirely out of character. Depending on your perspective (or even mood at the time of reading), he's either impassioned, or a blowhard. Maybe (probably) he's both. No big deal. He probably knows that. Clearly, his ego isn't so fragile that he can't take a little pushback. He probably enjoys it. Somehow, though, it's the morality police and "gentlemen" here who are most offended.

What a joke.

Get over it.

Feb 23, 2012 at 09:58 PM
ChrisDM
• • • • •
p.6 #14 · p.6 #14 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

Smiert Spionam wrote:
But not so much of a gentleman as to not point it out.

Gimme a break.

I said I wouldn't belittle him repeatedly, that would be unnecessary assuming he could catch my drift the first time. You didn't seem to have any trouble figuring it out so I'll just assume my point was made & move on. Break given...

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Smiert Spionam
• • • •
p.6 #15 · p.6 #15 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

Fair nuff.

Honestly, I think the vast majority here are gentlemen and women, whether they enjoyed Gregory's post or found it tiresome, and whether they said so or not. We've all got our own hierarchies (down to parsing what constitutes "repeated" criticism), but the fact that we're even participating in this conversation suggests that few of us in this thread could claim to be *too* gentlemanly. No one who congratulates himself for his restraint can.

;- )

Edited on Feb 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM · View previous versions

Feb 23, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Two23
• • • • •
p.6 #16 · p.6 #16 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

NikkorAIS wrote:
Untill than some recent images all taken with .. Canon

I'm not putting you down or anything, and I like most of the photos except most of the self portraits. But honestly, I can't tell any difference which were shot with Nikon and which with Canon. I honestly see no difference at all. I'm left wondering why on earth you'd spend all that money and effort, and there's no discernible difference in the results?

Kent in SD

Edited on Feb 24, 2012 at 01:08 AM · View previous versions

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:42 AM
bachisking

p.6 #17 · p.6 #17 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

I love photography and all, but any dude who walks down the street with a necklace consisting of 3-4 cameras just to take street shots of rubbish must have some underlying mental issues going on. Just laying out the facts folks.

Feb 24, 2012 at 01:01 AM
ChrisDM
• • • • •
p.6 #18 · p.6 #18 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

Hopefully you new guys will catch on that this forum is a place where public namecalling, uncalled-for insults and beratements do not go over well. There's the dpreview forums for that, maybe you guys would be more comfortable over there.

Feb 24, 2012 at 06:48 AM
gfinlayson
• • •
p.6 #19 · p.6 #19 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

ChrisDM wrote:
Hopefully you new guys will catch on that this forum is a place where public namecalling, uncalled-for insults and beratements do not go over well. There's the dpreview forums for that, maybe you guys would be more comfortable over there.

+1000

Feb 24, 2012 at 07:09 AM
afm901
• •
p.6 #20 · p.6 #20 · Why I am not switching back to Nikon.. or did I ever leave?

ChrisDM wrote:

Maybe you should pull the stick out of your own eye before you tell everyone else what doesn't go over well here....

Scott

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM
       7       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

7       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.