Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

fishrising
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

Can anyone recommend a replacement battery for a Canon 1D Mark II N?

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:59 AM
MintMar
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

fishrising wrote:
Can anyone recommend a replacement battery for a Canon 1D Mark II N?

I'm using Avacom, without any problem. They hold the charge well after 2 years of service, provided I charge them the day before the use. And I've been "refreshing" them every time before charge.

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM
aborr
• • •
p.1 #3 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

Lenmar DMCE3
I have bought several over the years, and use them in 1Ds Mark II's.
They work fine and fit better than most generic replacements.
Amazon sells them for around $35.

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:21 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1016180
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1068140
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1069052

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:34 AM
fishrising
• •
p.1 #5 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

Thanks all! Are these Lenmars considered to continue to keep the 1DIIN weather sealed?

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

fishrising wrote:
Thanks all! Are these Lenmars considered to continue to keep the 1DIIN weather sealed?

Take the caps off your old genuine canon batteries and replace the caps on the 3rd party ones

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

fishrising wrote:

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
Take the caps off your old genuine canon batteries and replace the caps on the 3rd party ones

+1 .However, I'll add that my (particular) set of Lenmars seem to have just as tight a fit as the OEM batteries.

Omar

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:44 PM
kbperry810
• •
p.1 #8 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

Wish I had gone Lenmar!

Just bought a used 1Diin and ordered a spare battery to accompany it - went with original Canon as to not risk any quality issues... I should have searched here first for feedback; I could have had 2-3 Lenmars for the same price

Though I suppose it seems that if you are buying as an extra spare, it might make sense to go OEM to make sure you get the proper weather seal; but if you are buying a replacement, it might make more sense to go third-party and just swap the cap.

Feb 14, 2012 at 01:16 PM
vince_ross

p.1 #9 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

aborr wrote:
Lenmar DMCE3
I have bought several over the years, and use them in 1Ds Mark II's.
They work fine and fit better than most generic replacements.
Amazon sells them for around $35.

+1

Feb 14, 2012 at 03:56 PM
400d
• • •
p.1 #10 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

Well, I brought my old ones back to life with new Sanyo's Eneloop cells.

Feb 14, 2012 at 04:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Dustin Gent
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

I shoot at the beach (Oregon Coast - not really a beach , lol) and have 2 Lenmars and my camera has been hosed down and she is still going

Feb 14, 2012 at 06:31 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

So - I bought Lenmars last year, and they are good if I shoot my 1D2n often enough & I'm cycling them.

If I don't, they go totally flat in about 10 days of sitting in the camera. Is this normal?

Can I leave a Lenmar on the 1D2n charger or is it bad to do that?

TIA!

Feb 14, 2012 at 06:38 PM
ananda

p.1 #13 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

400d wrote:

Do you mind sharing how you did it. I have a spare one that is dead and wouldn't mind trying it

Thanks.

Feb 14, 2012 at 06:46 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #14 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

400d wrote:

ananda wrote:
Do you mind sharing how you did it. I have a spare one that is dead and wouldn't mind trying it

Thanks.

The procedure that '400d' mentioned has been around for a while...here's an old link that explains the how-to with pics:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/canon/395188-replace-new-cells-np-e3-battery-pack-used-1d-1ds-body.html
To be honest, for as good as the Lenmar replacements are and as inexpensive as they are, it really doesn't seem worth it unless you simply like to dabble in DIY projects.

Omar

Feb 14, 2012 at 07:11 PM
rongoe
• •
p.1 #15 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

+1

Feb 14, 2012 at 07:21 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #16 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

rongoe wrote:
+1

I guess you didn't read my reply right above yours...

Omar

Feb 14, 2012 at 07:45 PM
ananda

p.1 #17 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

omarlyn wrote:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/canon/395188-replace-new-cells-np-e3-battery-pack-used-1d-1ds-body.html
Omar

Thanks. Yeah probably better to get the replacement one as you still have to buy 10 eneloop batteries as well.

Feb 14, 2012 at 07:51 PM
aborr
• • •
p.1 #18 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

mco_970 wrote:
So - I bought Lenmars last year, and they are good if I shoot my 1D2n often enough & I'm cycling them.

If I don't, they go totally flat in about 10 days of sitting in the camera. Is this normal?

Can I leave a Lenmar on the 1D2n charger or is it bad to do that?

TIA!

I don't think that frequent "topping up" is a good idea with any NiMH battery. I've read it can cause "charge depression" which means they (at least temporarily) lose capacity. Better to let them run down and then do a complete charge cycle. They do lose charge over time just sitting in the camera, but 10 days seems extreme. I do a "refresh cycle" on any battery that has been unused for a month or more, which supposedly helps maintain their capacity.

Feb 14, 2012 at 07:59 PM
rongoe
• •
p.1 #19 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

thanks for the link Omar. The process indeed looks more suited for people who like to tinker rather than take pictures.

Feb 15, 2012 at 03:40 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · Canon 1D Mark II N Replacement Battery?

aborr wrote:
I don't think that frequent "topping up" is a good idea with any NiMH battery. I've read it can cause "charge depression" which means they (at least temporarily) lose capacity. Better to let them run down and then do a complete charge cycle. They do lose charge over time just sitting in the camera, but 10 days seems extreme. I do a "refresh cycle" on any battery that has been unused for a month or more, which supposedly helps maintain their capacity.

thats what the 'refresh' cycle does. it completely discharges the battery before charging again.

in fact you can do the first part of the refresh without plugging the charger in to any power. the charger will then completly discharge the battery without then charging it.

as for the Cell replacement, yes its possible but I would prefer to buy a made up battery (lenmar etc) and change the cap over. much less hassle in the end . and the set of Eneloops would cost most of what a good 3rd party battery costs anyway.

Feb 15, 2012 at 04:13 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password