Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Salton Sea Soras

whparker
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Salton Sea Soras

I visited Desert Beach at the Salton Sea on 15-Jan-12. Along a little path between a freshwater marsh and the beach were lots of birds, including Soras. At one time I had 5 Soras come to within about 20 feet of me. I was almost surrounded by them. What makes it more interesting is that I had my dog on a leash with me at that time. They appeared to show no fear of us. None were flushed; but they just wandered off.

Feb 12, 2012 at 03:33 PM
ButterflySis
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Salton Sea Soras

The pictures look like they'd be great, but they seem like they are extremely over-sharpened or something...?

Feb 12, 2012 at 04:19 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Salton Sea Soras

Great captures. Try some NR on these.
harsha

Feb 12, 2012 at 06:03 PM
sherms
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Salton Sea Soras

I'd love to see a Sora. They are so secretive. Great composition, I really like the first one. I also agree maybe run some sore of Noise reduction to help with the graininess. Were these cropped much?

Sherman

Feb 12, 2012 at 06:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

whparker
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Salton Sea Soras

sherms wrote:
I'd love to see a Sora. They are so secretive. Great composition, I really like the first one. I also agree maybe run some sore of Noise reduction to help with the graininess. Were these cropped much?

Sherman

These were cropped quite a bit and were probably over-sharpened too much. These Soras were the least secretive I have experienced. With the dark throats they are already in breeding plumage. That may have something to do with them acting a bit more bold that usual.

Feb 12, 2012 at 07:24 PM
Martin Good
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Salton Sea Soras

Sounds like very interesting behavior from these birds.
Nice captures.
Martin

Feb 12, 2012 at 07:30 PM
PaulCal
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Salton Sea Soras

I like the first the best, altho they all suffer from sharpening and/ or noise

Paul

Feb 12, 2012 at 08:14 PM
trailhiker
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Salton Sea Soras

These fellows are secretive, so it's nice to see one so out in the open. . It's amazing what you can get out there in the "desert"; you wouldn't think you'd find Sora, or a Wilson's Snipe, which I encountered when at the Sea recently, but there they are. You were in the right place at the right time to get these, Bill.

Steve

Feb 13, 2012 at 09:56 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password