Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · London & Paris Honeymoon

eswank

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · London & Paris Honeymoon

Hi everyone. I'm headed to London and Paris for my honeymoon in June. As much as I want to bring my entire bag, I'm just afraid of losing all of it; and plus, we're traveling with just carry-on's so we want to keep it light. I'll be shooting with my D300s. I just want to know what lens you guys recommend I bring with me to keep it light. Here's what I have:

-Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye
-Nikon 35mm 1.8G
-Nikon 50mm 1.8G
-Nikon 85mm 1.8G (When it's released)
-Tamron 17-50 2.8 (Non-VC)
-Sigma 70-200 2.8 (Non-OS)

Hopefully you guys can help me decide what I could bring. Thanks in advance!

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM
aborr
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · London & Paris Honeymoon

On your honeymoon in Paris? Unless your fiance is as avid a photographer as you are, I'd say buy or borrow a (preferrably pocketable) P&S and leave the DSLR stuff at home.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM
GillR
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · London & Paris Honeymoon

If you want to travel with only carry-ons to include a dlsr & lenses, then I strongly suggest that you check the baggage allowance of the airline(s) you intend to fly with. Especially if you are planning on using a budget flight between France & the UK, where you will almost certainly be limited on the weight of the carry-on as well as the dimensions. (and yes, I have had my small-ish backpack weighed on a flight like this: it snuck in at 5.9 kg against a max allowance of 6 kg!)

Feb 10, 2012 at 02:27 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · London & Paris Honeymoon

D300s and 35/1.8; leave the rest of that stuff at home. 90% of my photos from two trips to Paris, the last one of which included a tour in Normandy, and day trip to Chartres, were taken with the FF equivalent of that lens. YMMV. Sure does save on one's back; makes going through security a no-brainer (since that's likely who will be make you more secure) , and, as <aborr> said, it may go better with your fiancÚ/wife.

tony

Feb 10, 2012 at 02:51 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password