Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Image looks different in PS

Lance Lee
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Image looks different in PS

I've noticed a strange thing with how my images look on my monitor. Any given image, LR, Bridge, and Window picture viewer all give about the same look, but in PS the images look different. Oh, and the prints I get back from the lab match LR, etc.

In PS the images have a slightly low contrast, washed out look. If I had to recreate it I'd use a Levels adjustment and raise the Black output up about 15 or 20.

It is not a colour space thing, I don't think. I use sRGB and they all seem to be that(when I can pick it).

This one has me stumped, but I'm guessing someone out there has seen this before.

Thanks, Lance

Feb 09, 2012 at 05:01 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Image looks different in PS

have you verified that you do not have softproofing turned on in PS? Certainly sounds like that is what is happening.

Feb 09, 2012 at 06:50 PM
Lance Lee
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Image looks different in PS

I think is was really that simple. I have a CRT monitor and a LCD monitor, and I've been dragging PS back and forth between the two, and it looks like the act very differently depending on monitor. If I leave it on the CRT monitor and turn off soft proofing, that seems to do the trick.

I've never used soft proofing, so I assumed it was off. Never even thought to look there.

Thanks for the help, Lance

Feb 09, 2012 at 07:00 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Image looks different in PS

your computer may not be swapping the color profile (you *are* calibrating, right?) when you move the in-focus window to the other monitor.

Feb 09, 2012 at 07:55 PM
Lance Lee
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Image looks different in PS

howardm4 wrote:
your computer may not be swapping the color profile (you *are* calibrating, right?) when you move the in-focus window to the other monitor.

Sounds good to me. I'm pretty good with all things digital and computers, but I do tend to get lost with colour management talk. Yes, I do calibrate.

Feb 09, 2012 at 09:08 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password