Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Can you rate photos in camera? (D300/D700)

KrautFed
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Can you rate photos in camera? (D300/D700)

I was wondering if there is a way to rate a photo in the camera and get the rating to transfer to Photo Mechanic and LR3? What I want to be able to do, is select the premium (5 star) top ~10 photos (as I take them) out of a 200 photo set. Then I want to be able to sort and only process those top ~10 for immediate review/display/submittal.

If there is no way to rate in camera, does the "lock photo" function stay with the photo somehow so that I can sort it out quickly on a computer? Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm currently using the tried and true pen + paper method.

D700
D300
Photo Mechanic
LR3

Feb 09, 2012 at 04:13 PM
Bernie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Can you rate photos in camera? (D300/D700)

It's been a while since I ever intentionally locked a photo in camera. However, I believe that PS Bridge is aware of the lock and shows an icon. Others should as well.

So if you're after a single flag to note the top shots, try it out and see if it works....

If nothing else, after you copy to your computer you can delete the contents of the folder you just copied and your top photos will be the only ones left....

Edited on Feb 09, 2012 at 10:53 PM · View previous versions

Feb 09, 2012 at 06:21 PM
KrautFed
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Can you rate photos in camera? (D300/D700)

Thanks, I'm going to try it tonight.

Looking through the manuals, I don't believe there's any way to rate. So I think finding a way to "flag" photos is what I'm after.

I'm also going to look and see if I can "move" a photo to another folder during playback. I don't think I can, but I will try it as well. That would work because I could have two folders... a main and a "flagged". All photos taken go to main but move selected ones to "flagged". Crossing my fingers!

Feb 09, 2012 at 09:14 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password