Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Can't Leave Feedback, It Brings Up Prior Ones from User

larrytucaz
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Can't Leave Feedback, It Brings Up Prior Ones from User

I have purchased a couple of items in buy & sell. I am now trying to leave feedback--however, when I do, it instead wants to bring up a previous entry pertaining to that user for me to edit. It WILL NOT let me create a NEW entry for them.

How do I work around this?

Feb 09, 2012 at 03:02 AM
eos-m42guy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Can't Leave Feedback, It Brings Up Prior Ones from User

Larry -- That's the way it's set up. Only one feedback score per person you dealt with. What I do is hit Edit then add the new one with date below the first.

... Don

Feb 09, 2012 at 03:32 AM
larrytucaz
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Can't Leave Feedback, It Brings Up Prior Ones from User

Thanks for the clarification. That seems silly, makes no sense that a person wouldn't get credit for a good sale just because it's someone they dealt with before. Yes people will see the notes, but it won't increase the counter display.

Feb 09, 2012 at 03:57 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Can't Leave Feedback, It Brings Up Prior Ones from User

That's the way it's always been here...silly I think not. Fred has one of the best B&S feedback systems on the net.
Multiple transactions with same user reinforces previously left feedback. #'s don't need to go up.

Feb 09, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

larrytucaz
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Can't Leave Feedback, It Brings Up Prior Ones from User

(trenchmonkey) Maybe so, I guess, if one thinks of the counter in terms of the number of PEOPLE who recommend the seller-buyer. I was thinking of it in terms of number of reputable transactions conducted by the seller or buyer. It's a shame that the person who sold to me doesn't get an increase since they sold to me, whereas they WOULD have had they sold to someone else. As long as they're happy, it's fine I guess.

Feb 09, 2012 at 03:37 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Can't Leave Feedback, It Brings Up Prior Ones from User

From the Feedback FAQ:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/638369

"It's important to understand that the FM Feedback system is "Member-based" and not "Transaction-based". This means that Member C can only give Member A one (1) feedback regardless of the number of transactions they completed together. (However, you can edit a previous feedback or ADD to it.)"

There are many reasons why this is preferred for FM. One of them being fraud prevention.
All the best,
Fred

Feb 09, 2012 at 03:41 PM
larrytucaz
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Can't Leave Feedback, It Brings Up Prior Ones from User

(Fred Miranda) Thank you sir. That is just what I was looking for. I had done some searching, thinking this was a bug in the system, but couldn't find anything. This helps clarify a lot.

Thinking of it as a "member counter" vs a "transaction counter" helps it to make much more sense. Think of it as how many "member references" they have. I added to the prior note, up underneath, as others suggested, including the date. So we're good now.

It sure beats the prior system where there was only 1 "sticky thread" & all the transactions from everybody was in that 1 long messy thread. I'm sure not complaining.

Now, back to shooting some pictures & scheming for how to get a Nikon D800 (ha ha).

Feb 09, 2012 at 06:41 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password