Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Changing ISO on D300s

chupacabra31
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Changing ISO on D300s

Hello,

Sorry if this has been covered (I could not find anything, although I possibly found something through google). Is there a way to change the ISO that does not involve one having to take their face away from the camera if they are hand holding with a big telephoto?

I think what I found was a work around that involves making the ISO sensetivity menu setting part of the my items list at the top and then you can assign it to the function button. While this sort of works, you still can't see the ISO setting through the view finder which is something I do routinely with my old dark side camera. I mean if this is it, maybe I can sort of pull my face far enough away temp to look at the back LCD in order to see what ISO I am selecting.

Feb 09, 2012 at 02:53 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Changing ISO on D300s

The ISO also shows in the viewfinder and changes as I hold the button and rotate the command wheel, without removing my eye from the viewfinder

Feb 09, 2012 at 03:50 AM
afm901
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Changing ISO on D300s

^ Ditto....

Feb 09, 2012 at 05:53 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

chupacabra31
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Changing ISO on D300s

I looked again today and the ISO is now showing through the viewfinder. Oh happy day.

I still wish you did not have to hit a combo of awkward buttons to switch ISO. Although I imagine Ill get use to using the Fn button to change ISO's just a bit awkward still.

Feb 09, 2012 at 02:40 PM
Brendan Phelan

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Changing ISO on D300s

How is it a combo of awkward buttons? It's on top of the camera.

Arguably if you are hand holding a big telephoto (I assume for sports of nature) then auto ISO might be for you.

Feb 09, 2012 at 06:50 PM
chupacabra31
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Changing ISO on D300s

Brendan Phelan wrote:
How is it a combo of awkward buttons? It's on top of the camera.

Arguably if you are hand holding a big telephoto (I assume for sports of nature) then auto ISO might be for you.

Auto ISO is fine for sports, but for nature I think it tends to recommend a higher ISO then is acceptable for nature just my 2 cents though.

Feb 09, 2012 at 07:48 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password