Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Let the D3x sale begin...

allstarimaging
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Let the D3x sale begin...

Looking at the buy/sell here on FM three D3x bodies have been posted for sale in the last 24 hours. Nikon users are going to have some really great options for reasonably priced pro bodies over the next few months. Prices on D3s bodies have already adjusted down to $4,000, D3 bodies are in the $2700 range and I would expect D3x prices will break well below the $5000 level over the next month. Expect these prices to adjust even more once the new Nikon's begin shipping and more sellers off load their gear for the upgrade. I'm always tempted by the latest and greatest but I'll be watching the buy/sell here for what should be some great Nikon gear at a great value. A D700 for $1500 might be a nice option as well..........

Jack

Feb 08, 2012 at 12:02 PM
WThiry
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Let the D3x sale begin...

+1 for a buyers market, if you have the cash

Feb 08, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Donzo98
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Let the D3x sale begin...

I thought the same thing Jack... I think the D3X bodies will be quite abundant here. 36mp vs 24... for 3K. If it has equal or better DR... tons will be for sale

Edited on Feb 08, 2012 at 05:15 PM · View previous versions

Feb 08, 2012 at 12:20 PM
fusiongt
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Let the D3x sale begin...

Damn I should have invested my money in glass and not twenty D3X bodies! GRRR

Feb 08, 2012 at 12:28 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Let the D3x sale begin...

I'd still buy one....for $2998

Feb 08, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Let the D3x sale begin...

have never been fan of D3x. It was slow studio camera where i don't need a pro body. It was also hurt by the fact that even biggest pixelpeeper was not able to show me difference between A850 and D3x in image quality.

Appears i was right whole time, even Nikon now realized it.
D3x will drop in price for sure, but there will always be lot of people with lot of moneys so it will not go under D3s used price.

Feb 08, 2012 at 12:59 PM
ShutteredMe
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Let the D3x sale begin...

trenchmonkey wrote:
I'd still buy one....for $2998

I don't know Will. For the much money I think I will go with the D800.

Feb 08, 2012 at 03:39 PM
SoundHound
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Let the D3x sale begin...

I would think that a D3x will soon sell for less than $3K because it has less Mp/AF and WAY less fps/buffer than a D800. So it's just about obsolete (like the 1Ds MKIII I bought a while ago for $7400).

Feb 08, 2012 at 06:18 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Let the D3x sale begin...

I would be willing to bet that I could not get more then $2500. My d3x has more then paid for itself. I would be sad to let it go as I do love the files and the ergonomics. For now it will still be my primary until I get my d800 and am able to compare the two camera side by side. If the d800 turns out to be better in every respect as i feel it will be then the d3x either becomes my backup or someone on this forum will get a low mileage d3x for a great price. The one thing the D3x has done a wonderful job with is shooting youth sports and moving subjects. 5FPS was more then enough for me with the d3x. I hope the d800 can match it with its speed and accuracy. 36mp will stress your technique and I would imagine needing a slightly faster SS to help prevent the dreaded camera shake.

Feb 08, 2012 at 06:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

cohenfive
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Let the D3x sale begin...

interesting topic...hadn't thought about a d3x instead of what i thought was going to be a replacement for the d700 but isn't.....if it really comes down that far in price, it might be worth a look...but i doubt that it will come down that far.

Feb 08, 2012 at 07:03 PM
ryankarr
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Let the D3x sale begin...

I feel sorry for stores with D3x's in stock.

Feb 08, 2012 at 08:01 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Let the D3x sale begin...

SoundHound wrote:
I would think that a D3x will soon sell for less than $3K because it has less Mp/AF and WAY less fps/buffer than a D800. So it's just about obsolete (like the 1Ds MKIII I bought a while ago for $7400).

it will never sell new for less then D3s because it is for many people better camera then D3s is. Stocks are quite low and imagine how many hundreds of photographers might pick it up only because D800 is not available for 2+ months maybe longer.

Feb 08, 2012 at 08:29 PM
wil_ret
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Let the D3x sale begin...

It's just a tool and a very good one. I've had mine since it was released and in Sydney we had to pay the price.
$12.500 AUD Ouch!
The good news it that it paid for itself 5 times over,so I don't really care wether it's worth $1

Different for the non pros I guess.

I'm quietly waiting for the D4x,if that ever comes out,otherwise the D3x will do all I need it to do.
It's only done 8000 clicks,good for another 299.000 or so.

Feb 08, 2012 at 09:36 PM
LLondon
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Let the D3x sale begin...

Bruce Sawle wrote:
I would be willing to bet that I could not get more then $2500. My d3x has more then paid for itself. I would be sad to let it go as I do love the files and the ergonomics. For now it will still be my primary until I get my d800 and am able to compare the two camera side by side. If the d800 turns out to be better in every respect as i feel it will be then the d3x either becomes my backup or someone on this forum will get a low mileage d3x for
...Show more

Would make one heck of an IR body

Feb 08, 2012 at 09:42 PM
Doo-bop
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Let the D3x sale begin...

There is also a buyer side, Nikon is strong. It should be easier to sell a Nikon body than something like a Canon body now

Feb 08, 2012 at 10:37 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Let the D3x sale begin...

Looks like the D800 just torpedoed the resale value for pro-body Nikons.

Feb 08, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Steve Perry
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Let the D3x sale begin...

I agree, there are going to be some super deals on D3x bodies. Although to keep it in perspective, 24 to 36MP isn't all that big of a difference. If you print at 240DPI, you're only looking at an extra 3" or so on the short side, 5.5" or so on the long side.

Feb 09, 2012 at 03:23 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password