Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · se asia trip

paulfindlay

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · se asia trip

Hello all, I.m planning a 6 week visit to SE Asia this summer. My concern is safety in carrying expensive camera equipment. I have never had a problem in Europe or S America. Is it wise to expect the same in SE Asia? thanks

Feb 08, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Michael H
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · se asia trip

I've been over there several times. The most recent this past September to Laos and Thailand. Just be smart about what you do and how you do it and you'll be fine. Be mindful of things but don't be overly worried. I can't think of a single time where I ever felt threatened or worried.

I used a PacSafe strap on my camera and did keep it in pretty solid control. Carried what I needed in a variety of bags and pouches but most often in a small backpack. I did't use a "photo" backpack, but rather a basic common pack. Just minimize attention.

Over all, enjoy yourself, be respectful of people and take lots of great images.

Feb 09, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · se asia trip

S.E Asia is much safer than the other places you have visited. I'm travelling in S.E.Asia when writing this (3 months) with very expensive equipment. And I have been doing that every year since 1984 without any problem.
You must of course use common sense like you always do wherever you shoot

Feb 09, 2012 at 11:21 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password