Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon's first 3D lens!?!

SKumar25
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Canon's first 3D lens!?!

A while back I posted a couple of threads on 3-D, as some of you may recall. The reception to these in the forum was pretty hostile on the whole.

Some acknowedged seeing 3-D in photos, others didn't, some didn't like the word 3-D (preferring POP or something else), some associated this with Zeiss and snobbiness, some didn't like discussing this seperately from the image itself, and some suggested 3-D could only be achieved by stereoscopic lenses and 3-D glasses! Quite an educational couple of threads for me...

Anyways guess what! Canon have used the word 3-D for the new 24-70L II!! Had a good chuckle when I read this. Honestly thought I was reading about a Leica or Zeiss lens.

"The lens delivers higher image quality and enables users to capture images with greater presence and three-dimensionality"

Quoted from here:

http://www.canon.com.au/For-You/Camera-Lenses/EF24-70mm-f28L-II-USM

Feb 08, 2012 at 09:36 AM
mco_970
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Canon's first 3D lens!?!

I am looking forward to seeing the samples. I like my 24-105 a lot, but if the new lens has magic and unicorns and 3D, I'm in!

Feb 08, 2012 at 03:41 PM
SKumar25
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Canon's first 3D lens!?!

Me too. Can't wait.

IMHO at times characteristics like sharpness are overly enphasised. A lens can be sharp but can lack character - bokeh, colours, rendering, tonality, microcontrast etc. To me these are more readily apparent in a typical photo, sharpness is not.

Feb 08, 2012 at 11:01 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password