Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Potential Nikon Newbie -- Thinking about the D800

atroester
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Potential Nikon Newbie -- Thinking about the D800

I shoot a 5D2 with L glass, and I'll wait to see Canon's new body -- but I'm strongly thinking about running a half-and-half rig and acquiring the D800 as my second body. Does anyone else here do something similar?

Is there any good way to adapt Canon glass to Nikon? If not, I'm thinking about keeping my 5D2 + 3 or 4 L primes and adding the D800 with a nice zoom and a cheaper prime. I shoot a lot of video, and am quite excited about the uncompressed video out.

If I were to do that -- what would be the best all-around zoom (requiring at least a 2.8 as I do a lot of low-light) and prime for mostly video work and what would the costs be if I got them on the boards here?

Thanks for the help!

Feb 08, 2012 at 03:59 AM
cputeq
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Potential Nikon Newbie -- Thinking about the D800

Can't adapt Canon to Nikon that I know of, but can go the other way -- Nikon lenses on Canon body.

I guess for all-around zoom you're looking at the Nikon 24-70 or maybe the newer Tamron 24-70VC. Prime, depends - lots of AI-S MF glass to be had for Nikon and they're pretty well-priced for the most part, with good focus feeling.

Feb 08, 2012 at 04:37 AM
atroester
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Potential Nikon Newbie -- Thinking about the D800

Gotcha, thanks for the response. I've always liked pics from the Nikon 24-70.

Feb 08, 2012 at 04:10 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password