Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              9       10       end

Archive 2012 · Do you understand crippling now???

artsupreme
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Do you understand crippling now???

What are all the fanboys going to say now?

"If you want pro features, buy a 1D series"
"5DII AF is perfectly sufficient for the price point"
"If you want a FF body with pro AF then buy a 1DSIII and stop complaining!!!"
"If you think you could ever get the best AF in a compact body for 3K you are dreaming!!!"
"You want a 6K camera for 3K, (hahaahaha) you are dreaming!!!"

This list could go on for days....3+ years of this bullshit.

So you had a MP argument against the D700, but what now?

Well, let's hope Canon FINALLY delivers a body that's not intentionally crippled!

Feb 07, 2012 at 04:59 PM
pookipichu
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Do you understand crippling now???

I'm not holding my breath. Even if the 5d3 comes out reasonably soon, I don't have faith it will be nearly as full featured as the D800

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:01 PM
abqnmusa
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Do you understand crippling now???

Edited on Dec 04, 2012 at 06:54 PM · View previous versions

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:04 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Do you understand crippling now???

Give it a rest and go buy an Olympus.

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:04 PM
Airphoto
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Do you understand crippling now???

I agree art IF you go into the wayback machine the EOS3 had eyepoint af that worked like a dream with or without glases or contacts. MY 5dII af like crap compared to the EOS 3 and the 1ds series. Even the 7d has better AF.
SO Canon has made their bed and will have to be buried in it. I am selling my system next month and NOt only will I have AF that works but I will have REAL TTL flash

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:06 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Do you understand crippling now???

You can't compare specs/prices from 3 year old bodies with the new ones coming out later this year. A new Canon replacement will of course also be better than the 5DII you are comparing it against.
Do you really belived they had this body ready a few years back, but they did some crippling

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:11 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Do you understand crippling now???

Airphoto wrote:
SO Canon has made their bed and will have to be buried in it.

Their CEO resigned today because you don't like them. They sure are going to miss your business.

Airphoto wrote:
I am selling my system next month and NOt only will I have AF that works but I will have REAL TTL flash

I really don't care if the screen door hits you on the way out or not. Bye-bye; till you switch back a few years down the road. Or not, it doesn't matter.

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:16 PM
jasonpatrick
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Do you understand crippling now???

I think the point (one which I agree) is that Canon has all the technology necessary to give the serious hobbiest all the features they would want in a camera. Instead of delivering on them, they only give you those features in their pro line which is cost prohibitive to a hobbiest. Since I don't want to compromise on AF, I got a 1d Mark II. I'd love to have all the great features you can have on an entry level t2i on that camera...but there you go. I'm not going to switch, but Nikon is doing a better job at targeting my demographic, where as Canon is sticking to rich people and pros. It's disapointing.

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:18 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Do you understand crippling now???

Someone needs to call the wahhhhhhhhhhmbulance for someone.

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:21 PM
michael49
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Do you understand crippling now???

RobertLynn wrote:
Someone needs to call the wahhhhhhhhhhmbulance for someone.

Oh, come on.

With the recent Canon offerings (wide angle primes with IS?) and now this killer D800 from Nikon Canon really is blowing it.

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Do you understand crippling now???

Canon cameras make great photos now and in the past. They are a little easier to use now than past models.

My camera still makes photos just as good as it did when I bought it. Better, in fact, because I have progressed.

If you bought the cameras at the time and didn't quickly return them as inadequate then, then they are not inadequate now.

If you don't like current offerings, don't buy.

The percentage of people who actually require the latest and the greatest for producing money is very very small and unlikely to include whiners on forums. Pros who reach that decision just buy what they feel they need, quietly and without a lot of fuss, without having to have their egos massaged in public by making dramatic pronouncements.

It amazes me what a high percentage of people are prevented from making good photos by some perceived lack of automation. The only other alternative I can see is that they are so terrifyingly awesome photographers that they are held back by their equipment in creativity; but I think it is highly unlikely that would apply to any of the whiners.

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:27 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Do you understand crippling now???

michael49 wrote:
Oh, come on.

With the recent Canon offerings (wide angle primes with IS?) and now this killer D800 from Nikon Canon really is blowing it.

Hey...the 1dx in so far as I know, has room in r and d to not be finalized...so like...things can change.

I sort of think the wa primes are cool. They are putting new breath into their non l primes.

I'm not going to lie, I'd love to have news on body offerings, and I'd like to look at some of the Nikon bodies. D3x used prices will be great (I love how Nikon has no problem killing their older models or killing sales of higher end bodies).

I like competition. It's great. But seriously the op posts about crippling when we don't know what canons offerings are going to be. Listen let's revisit this when we know what canon offers. If the bodies suck ass, then I'll be all like, "where was the post about...".

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:32 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Do you understand crippling now???

Yes. Get the whaaaambulance. People kvetch endlessly about Canon not releasing or updating or upgrading wide angle primes and then when they do upgrade them, the whiners all go "whaaaa"!

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:34 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Do you understand crippling now???

Monito wrote:
Yes. Get the whaaaambulance. People kvetch endlessly about Canon not releasing or updating or upgrading wide angle primes and then when they do upgrade them, the whiners all go "whaaaa"!

+1

The same people will whine about every new body or lens released. And they also know how to build cameras and lenses better than Canon

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:41 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Do you understand crippling now???

The D800 will be no different than any other new camera release in recent memory... most of the people will flock to it wishfully thinking it will somehow make them better photographers than their old camera (fill in the brand here____) did. When they discover that the biggest limitation is still their own inadequate skills, the forums will yet again be filled with whining....

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:49 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Do you understand crippling now???

I don't feel crippled with any of my gear. Works great although I screw things up sometimes.

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:54 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Do you understand crippling now???

My $ works for me, not other way around

Feb 07, 2012 at 06:09 PM
artsupreme
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Do you understand crippling now???

Good to see everyone I quoted in my original post responding

Feb 07, 2012 at 06:11 PM
ciprian.trofin
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Do you understand crippling now???

1. How many of you fancy D800 ?
2. How many of you fancy 50MB+ RAW workflow ? (200MB uncompressed)

Feb 07, 2012 at 06:13 PM
artsupreme
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Do you understand crippling now???

ciprian.trofin wrote:
1. How many of you fancy D800 ?
2. How many of you fancy 50MB+ RAW workflow ? (200MB uncompressed)

Whether the D800 is for you or not is not the point....the point is to take a look at the pro features Nikon packed into a 3K camera - all of which the offended fanboys above have argued wasn't possible/realistic with their famous quotes above. So predictable.

Feb 07, 2012 at 06:29 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password